ATX Community

Hourly Billing

Crank

Im haveing a difficult time trying to figure this one out. Its probably simple and Im just missing it. I usually charge by the form but in rare cases that involve large amounts of research I like to add an hourly billing rate to the forms charge. Usually I just tack this on to the invoice but this time I decided to try to let the software calculate it. I checked the box "Hourly Rate Billing" on the Billing options page then I went into the drop down menu >Forms>BillingRates and selected the Hourly Billing tab and input the preparers name and an hourly rate. After this is where I am stuck. There must be a place to input the number of hours but I cant locate it. Any help is appreciate.

Thanks

Do you have a preparer and hourly rate entered in the Hourly Billing Rate drop down Forms menu?

Click on 'Forms', 'Billing Rates', add a preparer to Hourly Rates then close the Billing Rates box. If it's in an open return, you have to close (save) the return and re-open it. Upon reopening, the hourly billing tab at the bottom of the invoice should allow you to add the # of hours.

Lynn Jacobs, EA, NP

Kenner, LA