ATX Community

Past-year return address to send

Catherine

Just double-checking here --

If I have a prior-year return, it should go to the IRS Center where -this- year's return would be filed - correct?

The 2006 return I just finalized would have been sent, in 2006, to Andover MA -- which now does NO individual returns. So instead it goes to the center that will take this year's return? (Hartford CT/Kansas City MO, with/without payment.)

Before I send instructions to some -very- not-with-it clients, I wanted to double-check.

Thanks.

Catherine

I'm probably certifiable trying to work on prior-year returns a) while my daughter's birthday party is going on in the next room, and B) I am fighting off a headache most likely caused (and at least contributed to!) by (a).

spaz.gif

Happy birthday to your daughter, my sympathies to you and I always file prior year returns to the current year address and on the envelope write Form 1040, Tax Year xxxx. I can't easily find where this is the gospel but I also have not had issues with doing like this. I also send certified mail return receipt. Maybe someone will chime it with the gospel.