ATX Community

Past Stimulus Payments

taxguy057

I have a client who brought me '07,'08 and this year's taxes to prepare. I know i can do '06 also but she hasnt found all the papers yet. My question is which year was the Stimulus Package payments under Bush Admin come out? That was '07 correct and you could claim on '08 if not received. I know I will need to file the '06 for the basis to qualify. Then Obama's was last year. Is my client still entitled to that money from the payments if we file those past returns? If so, I totally have a brain fart on where they go in the return to recieve it...

Pls advise O Great and Knowledgeable Ones!!! :)

TG

If TP doesn't find papers for 2006, you will not be able to receive a refund because by the time you get W2s from the IRS, the statue of limitations for 2006 will kick in (April 15, 2010). There is a $30 refundable telephone credit for that year.

2007 You are good but no special credits for that year.

2008 There is $600 refundable credit if TP qualifies. In this case, it has nothing to do with 2007 return or income. You claim the credit on line 70.

2009 As you know there is $400 refundable make work credit.