ATX Community

2007 Max Renewal

IllinoisTaxMan

Hi, Atxers,

I have used Max programs for 7 years. I renewed Max again for 2007 tax returns but I couldn't get the installation code until now. I paid the price using two methods (Check $1,000, Card $137) and the MyAtx showed the invoice was paid on Dec 19, 2007. The representative told me I had to wait for the next morning until the computer generates the install code. However, for some reasons, I couldn't get it until now.

Are there any ones who are having this problem? I don't understand why the service from this new company disappoints me.

Would you share any similar experience like this with me?

Thanks.

I have no excuses for them, but it is like every thing else with them it does not all ways make sence. In the last couple of years they have lost touch with their customers. They think they have great customer service, but as they have grown and as they where gobbled up by a large company we all become just a number.

However I still think they have one of the best products for the money. I ordered and tried Proseries over the summer one would think that they knew I was a new customer that they would have contacted me to see how it was going. Never heard from them once, and did not like their product. So the grass is not all ways greener.

MYATX is not very helpful. I think that I would get the problem past me and move forward in to another great tax season.

CLIFF

1040PRO

ARIZONA

I agree with Cliff on moving forward. I have no excuses for ATX either. I have been using ATX Max and their products since 1998 and am disappointed with the service received this year. I too waited for the unlock code and paid with a credit card. i told the representative that they had immediate approval but I had no usable product and that we were not off to a good start. I called to get information on the merchant services and to order envelopes for w-2's, 1099's and uniform envelopes. The representative referred me to the website told me to place my order there. Apparently he was not interested in helping me at all. I am going to wait to see what type of support we get from them this year. With the late patch and last minute IRS changes I am sure there is going to be some issues. If their support follows the pattern of the sales service, then I will definitely be evaluating other software this summer. I did notice the price on the envelopes and related blank forms has increased significantly.

By the way, if anyone here attended the update webinar, did you receive the ppt used in the webinar as promised? I have not and was really put back when the speaker said they didn't see any delay with the start of the filing season. Just curious.

Terry D.

KC,

As usual, you are right on top of things. Thank you for giving me the link t o Tax-Aid. To my embarrassment, I receive their catalog yearly and failed to take time to look at it. There prices are much better and I will be ordering from them. Thanks again!!

Terry D.

I have ordered my tax supplies from Tax_Aid (Now Tenenz) for years. Fast, reasonable and quality products. In fact, I just placed an order online, which comes with a 5% discount.

Let me add a few comments. I have been using ATX software since it was Saber (don't remeber that far back as to the exact year) and have been mostly satisfied to greatly satisfied in all years with the product and service. Because of the changes, I took a "wait and see" attitude on this year's renewal. Apparently I was not the only one. When I contacted sales in mid-December, they were swamped. They told me the procedure was that the order had to be placed and paid. The payment had to be cleared through accounting in Georgia (if you sent your check to Maine, it just added to the time to get the activation code). Accounting would then release the order to get the activation code released. Once I got my order placed (and screamed at all the right people) (I pray that they will forgive my ignorance) I had my code the following day.

I am not convinced that the new company does not care for its customers. As a long ago ex-CCH outside sales rep, I would often be asked by the customer why they had not received a bill. The response we were to give them (as directed from Chicago (CCH's headquarters at the time) was "we bill on the 'eventual system', you will eventually get a bill". That was designed to inform the customer that CCH was putting its best efforts in producing a quality product (they were at the top of their industry by a long shot), and everything esle came next. I trust (and hope) that is what is going on with ATX. All of the best efforts are being put forth to produce a quality product, everything else is next (including the sales efforts). That is no excuse, but it might help in the understanding. We are simply dealing with a different corporate culture. Good, bad, or indifferent, that is what it is.

I had a similiar disappoinitng experience with an order with Kleinrock that I will not go into here.

Tax-aid I have been using for years. Great folks, great service, great product, great prices. Tax-aid and HG merged recently to form Tenenz, Inc.

Ron Fassett, CPA