ATX Community

Lumpsum Social security in 2009

rich

I will appreciate any help on this situation, Client filing joint received SSA-1099 for $61000 in 2009 which includes prior year payments too and client didnt filed 2007 and 2008 return and there is no other income in all 3 years.Do I have to file prior year returns after breaking down income which client is asking me to do. On ATX when I input all income in 2009 there is no tax due either anyways.

Please direct me to right direction .

Thanks in advance

you do not file prior years. money was received in 2009 but you can do the lump sum payment worksheet for back years. Add the schedule to return. But if none of it goes to income in 2009 using the full amount you don't even have to do the lump sum worksheet

Thanks very much bcolleen for great help.

Do I have to file prior year returns after breaking down income which client is asking me to do.

If client REALLY wants em filed after you explain it, I'd print them and charge accordingly. You are still going to be mad at that attorney fee, right?