ATX Community

Updates from ATX website

joanmcq

I have to go to work and damned if I can remember or have time to look up my frikkin' password to their site. Can someone post here whatever news they have so that I can keep informed as to what the heck is happening as far as transmittals go? If I have to spend all weekend chasing down efiles....... :spaz:

Not ATX, but use CCH's ProSystem fx. My recent returns and extensions said Transmitted through last night, so figured I have that print-out for date filed purposes. But, this morning everything is now Accepted with dates of 4/15 and a couple of 4/14 -- with the exception of one of my NY extensions that still says Transmitted. I did get a couple of the "Accepted" emails I get for each return from CCH yesterday while the site still showed Transmitted, so figured they were making progress, just running behind in posting. Don't stress!

Updated April 16, 1:30 PM EST

Below is a schedule of acknowledgment events you will see over the next 24 hours, as posted earlier today, plus a progress update of each event.

Note: check print files and InterviewPLUS files go through a different outbound process and therefore are posting to mailboxes timely.

* Complete posting the acknowledgement files for returns sent in the 4/13 drains. We have approximately 2500 to post -- Posting Complete and available for download. We will start the process of running internal reports to see if any acknowledgement that we received failed to post once we get through the backlog of items in the third bullet

* Complete posting the acknowledgement files for returns sent to the IRS in the 4/14 11 AM drains. We have approximately 2500 to post -- -- Posting Complete and available for download. We will start the process of running internal reports to see if any acknowledgement that we received failed to post once we get through the backlog of items in the third bullet

* Complete posting the acknowledgement files for returns sent to the IRS after the 4/14 11 AM drains. We have approximately 750,000 acks. -- Status as of 12:45 PM EST shown below:

• 14,020 acks left to split from returns sent to the IRS prior to last night’s 2 AM drain. This is the step that updates return query and kicks of bank applications to the banks

• 711,171 at the send CCH queue (formats the flat acks we receive from the IRS to the SFS ack we deliver to you)

• 93,114 currently in the post item to mailbox queue that inserts the ack into your electronic mailbox

Update April 16, 10:30 AM EST

We have now changed the scale of concentration from sending to the IRS to posting items to your electronic mailboxes. We are expecting to receive approximately 600,000 IRS e-file and extension acknowledgements this morning.

* Due date for resending rejected returns: April 20th

* Due date for resending extensions due to things such as name control mismatches: April 20th

As we receive the acknowledgement files from the IRS, our first steps are to process and split them. This allows us to send any necessary files to the banks and also allows the status to be updated on Return Query. We are then stopping them at the "outbound postmaster". Prior to today this was allowing us to concentrate our efforts on sending to the IRS. Today this allows us to priorize the order in which we post the files.

Below is a schedule of acknowledgment events you will see over the next 24 hours.

* Complete posting the acknowledgement files for returns sent in the 4/13 drains. We have approximately 2500 to post

* Complete posting the acknowledgement files for returns sent to the IRS in the 4/14 11 AM drains. We have approximately 2500 to post

* Complete posting the acknowledgement files for returns sent to the IRS after the 4/14 11 AM drains. We have approximately 750,000 acks.

We will update you throughout this process