ATX Community

Printer supply

elfling

Hi Everyone!

Due to an argument with a supplier I have 2 full, remanufactured X25 toner cartridges. The boxes state for use in: CA.MF5500/5530/5550. The advertisement was less specific. These will not work in Canon's MF3200 series machines, which I own, and curiously use X25 toners. Both boxes have been openend and the seals removed as we tried them, unsuccessfully, in our MF3240 machine. Our purchase price was $93.88 for the pair. We would like to recover about half the cost if possible; $47.00 for the pair or $23.50 for one. Shipping to anyone who could possibly use these would be better than sending them off to the regional landfill.

Anyone interested can contact me directly at [email protected]

~Elfling~

Hi Everyone!

Due to an argument with a supplier I have 2 full, remanufactured X25 toner cartridges. The boxes state for use in: CA.MF5500/5530/5550. The advertisement was less specific. These will not work in Canon's MF3200 series machines, which I own, and curiously use X25 toners. Both boxes have been openend and the seals removed as we tried them, unsuccessfully, in our MF3240 machine. Our purchase price was $93.88 for the pair. We would like to recover about half the cost if possible; $47.00 for the pair or $23.50 for one. Shipping to anyone who could possibly use these would be better than sending them off to the regional landfill.

Anyone interested can contact me directly at [email protected]

~Elfling~

Out of curiosity, would you mind mentioning the supplier? I had a company call me and try to sell me toners for my Cannon printer/copier. They asked my current price and when I told them they could not believe it. They told me to be very careful as these cartridges had to be remainufactured. I told them nope, they were original. (I get them at Sam's Club for 120.00 where as everyone else sells them for $149.00.

He put a quote together for me and tried to make me think that they could match that price on original product, but when I got the quote it did note state OEM. Out of curiosity I went to their web site, priced my toner and lord and behold the same price he quoted me was for remanufacured ones. Needless to say I did not go with that company. So I'm wondering if perhaps we are talking about the same outfit?

Deb!

Deb,

The supplier was MegaToners. In the past we used MegaToners for all types of ink. The MF3200 is my first laser machine. I knew the X25's were remanufactured as that is how they were advertised. The problem was that these cartridges were listed for this machine but they failed to work. Upon contacting MegaToners by both phone and email, I got the run around. Supposedly I was being sent a way to make my machine accept the cartridges for use. That never happened. I phoned for replacements and received no word whatsoever. Follow-up letters went unanswered. Prior to the cartridge issue we encountered several Canon and Brother ink failures but the price was so minute that to return ship would have been ridiculous. MegaToners' return policy is just plain rotten, the customer service reps are disrespectful of the customers, and the owners do not seem to care if customers walk.

For more than a year now we have been buying all our ink and toners from 123InkJets. This outfit is much, much better. We have not had any ink failures of any kind. The return policy is quite good. I did run into a snag with a remanufactured X25 last month. When I pulled the security strip the toner was gaping and a spring went flying. A call to 123InkJets and all was well. Within minutes I had a pre-paid return label via email to ship the defective. Two days later I had the replacement cartridge in hand. No hassles, no double-talk, and super quick all the time!

Elfling