ATX Community

Moneywise Prepaid Mastercard

Karen Lee

I have decided to offer bank products again for several reasons that I won't get into here. Have always thought they were too expensive considering you can get a direct deposit in 10-14 days.

Back to the topic: I am wanting to have a prepaid debit card funded with the tax refund. ATX has a product Moneywise PPD Mastercard and I would like to know if anyone here has used it and what your thoughts are.

Also, I know you can't have bank products and fee collect so are there these same type of restrictions if you use the card.

Thank you

Karen

I have decided to offer bank products again for several reasons that I won't get into here. Have always thought they were too expensive considering you can get a direct deposit in 10-14 days.

Back to the topic: I am wanting to have a prepaid debit card funded with the tax refund. ATX has a product Moneywise PPD Mastercard and I would like to know if anyone here has used it and what your thoughts are.

Also, I know you can't have bank products and fee collect so are there these same type of restrictions if you use the card.

Thank you

Karen

There was an article in this month's NATP Monthly Newsletter explaining that the IRS would be sending letters in December to people who used RAL's last year, telling about the option to receive their refunds by prepaid credit cards. You might be able to access it on the website. But it is the IRS, I believe, that is offering this.

AnnieR