ATX Community

New computer file transfer

HV Ken

Hi. Got a new computer for this tax season. Installed ATX 2006 from the year end archive CD, got any additional Updates from the internet, copied over the "Database" folder, but when I enter a return, I am greeted with this pop-up:

Missing Form / Incorrect Version

This return contains later versions of certain forms than those installed on this computer.

Click Update Now to automatically download needed forms and updates for this return.

While this process works, it seems I need to do it for every return.

I expect there is more files/folders from the previous computer that I need to copy over, but I cannot figure out which ones. Can anyone offer some advise?

Thanks,

HV Ken

Looks like I also needed Masters\Latest and Masters\Modified.

Anyone have any others?

Two more questions:

1) When I enter ATX 2006 on the new computer, it seems to require a "sign in". Never needed to do that before. Can someone elaborate as to why?

2) Any way to copy the preferences over from the old computer? I tought it would be the "ATX2006" Configuration Settings file, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

Looks like I also needed Masters\Latest and Masters\Modified.

Anyone have any others?

Two more questions:

1) When I enter ATX 2006 on the new computer, it seems to require a "sign in". Never needed to do that before. Can someone elaborate as to why?

2) Any way to copy the preferences over from the old computer? I tought it would be the "ATX2006" Configuration Settings file, but that didn't seem to do the trick.

When you move over your Database folder, the program thinks you have 2 installs, which requires sign in names.

Close the program.

On your Desktop, right-click on your ATX icon, left-click on Properties.

Click the Find Target button.

Double-click the Repair.exe file.

On the bottom section, under "File to Repair", highlight the atx2006.mdb file.

In the top left, click the Users menu and Remove All Users.

You were correct that you needed your Masters folder.

And I actually thought moving the whole Database folder over should bring over the Preferences but I guess not.

I'm not sure what you need to do for that then.