ATX Community

Advanced, Lite & EZ Buttons

Crank

The software that was provided to us from TRX is called 1040 Works, not Tax Works. It is a lighter version of Tax Works but most of the differences that I can find appear to be cosmetic and/or functionality. For example fixed asset manager vs fixed asset tracker, real time 1040 vs need to invoke peek, view prior years returns along side current years vs open prior year and flip back & forth.

I can't find any other significant differnces although I was quite disappointed with the asset tracker as they advertised fixed asset manager.

I am further disappointed in the delivery dates of business conversion software now scheduled for 1041 01/14/11 and all other business 01/18/11. This is very late to be first converting clients.

I voiced my opinion with TRX. Otherwise they have been pretty responsive with tech support.

Hope this helps.

Mike Dubin CPA

TRX documentation shows that the "Advanced, Lite & EZ Buttons" are on the top of the "General Information" center pane of the program but I only have "espanol" button. Does anyone have these buttons? They are on TaxWorks.

I agree with Mike that TRX is a lighter version of TaxWorks. I don't have those buttons at the top of the general screen either. To the left are XPert, Express, Type & Used. I used TRX for the first time last year and always used the Xpert tab. I guess the buttons you mention might be used to choose the type of return you are completing or maybe the form used. I have always just used the 1040 for all returns and adjust the pricing accordingly. A one size fits all attitude. Overall, the program is pretty good. The FAM does have quirks.

Oaky after watching some of the training video, I realize that the buttons you mention indicate which version of TaxWorks you have. TRX does not display what version we have. I watched the video for the Tax Planner and that is not available to TRX users unless you purchase it. Obviously not part of the 299.00 plan.