ATX Community

Clients!!

taxtrio

New Client came to me in January... looking for new "accountant". She has a Partnership Business ...

Said she was tired of having the old accountant ( a family friend... giving them a so-called "deal" on their taxes)..

of filing extensions and not getting their returns done on time. She wanted someone who would get it done on time.

I file very few extensions... get most everything done by deadline.

I have been dealing with her since then-- trying to gather information to do return. Sunday I emailed her... I filed extensions for you.. Still don't have ending inventory, don't have auto mileage info., don't have last years 1065, or

last years 1040. Don't have most of partnership information. She finally emailed me a quickbooks P/L on Saturday.

Doesn't make sense.

Maybe now we know why the old "accountant" always filed extensions for her...Now she'll have to wait for me.

I'm done!!

received a hysterical call from my son's friend (the one who has crossed over in July)who I only knew since the funeral... Now what!?

She gave her papers to the person who had been preparing them for a couple years last week before her island vacation. When she arrived home last night and was told she owed 10,000, she asked the part time preparer if she had reported invoice number so and so. The "friend" went off on her she said. Son's friend figured she would owe less than 5000 as she worked far less from July to Dec.

So the "friend" said come get them. She didn't know what to do!

so she called me and she sent in the money with an e-mail voucher and I filed her extension and when we go to Madison tomorrow, I'll pu her papers...

Who knows what happenned - maybe the son's friend was too successful or prep took on too many,,, I said I could probably sympathize!

Or like the neighbor who called "What's the status?", at 6 pm tonight. I said you are right on my desk. Then an hour later he stops in! "I don't want an extension!"

So they were right on my desk and about 9:15 tonight I had time to check them over, called him - her, he was asleep, and gave the info... Do I charge extra or leave it go?

Love the board - Thank you so much! I am even trying to answer more, especially if no one else has gotten to it. Just that sometimes the questions asked are as strange as mine!