ATX Community

Mileage Deduction??

LisaAnn

Ok, so this is going to be my year of "strange scenerios"! I just received an email from a client stating the following:

"This is going to sound weird, but .... can I claim mileage for every day at work having to drive

to the restroom? Its a nesesity to have to utilize the bathroom and not something thats easy to get to.

My building does not have a bathroom facility, the closest bathroom is over two blocks away.

When its raining or cold or icy out everyone has to drive. Its crazy I know. Just thought I would ask.

Used alot of gas the last nine months while I was pregnant....lol"

Any comments?

Sad to say, necessary or not to her physical being, it's not a 'job necessity', so it's personal travel. Same as going to and fro from home to job is personal. What she should do is ask the company to set up a reasonable 'reimbursement' for the mileage, due to their failure to provide facilities in walking distance. Of course, she should get all the workers to agree to make that a group request, so no one gets singled out as a troublemaker.