ATX Community

Engagement letter (TRX)?

Julie

On the "letters" screen, there are options to print a privacy policy and an engagement letter. The Privacy Policy prints, but the engagement letter does not. I have not found any way to add the engagement letter to a return, and it does not appear in any of the distribution sets. Has anyone else figured this out? The search term "engagement" pulls up nothing on the TRX or Redgear help pages.

On the "letters" screen, there are options to print a privacy policy and an engagement letter. The Privacy Policy prints, but the engagement letter does not. I have not found any way to add the engagement letter to a return, and it does not appear in any of the distribution sets. Has anyone else figured this out? The search term "engagement" pulls up nothing on the TRX or Redgear help pages.

Julie,

I set up a custom letter that includes the cover letter, engagement letter and privay letter under the Settings>Custom Letter>Other Letters. After I open a return I go to Instruction Letters on the left navigation, check the box for custome letter and go to Other Letters and choose Privacy and Engagement from the pull down list. If you want to save this setup for all future returns hit Crtl D and it should bring this selection up on all future returns. (You do have to check the box for custom letter on each retrun). After you have opened the return in Review mode, all of the forms, schedules and letters should appear in left nagivation. You can then make a manual selecton of the forms to print by placing a check in the box for the forms you want to print. A better way is to select the distribution set from the Settings>Distribution Sets. Most any of the selection options will include all of ther letters so all you need to do is go to the Adv button (Advanced Form Delivery) icon and select the set you want to print. At the same time you can select a set to save to file.

Hope this helps.

Art