ATX Community

Customer Support

Mike D

I just sent the following email to Ryan Toone @ TaxWorks as he was instrumental in assisting all of us through the conversion period.

There have been many posts regarding content and functionality with TRX Pro 1040 2010 software, 1040 Works from Red Gear, since I last corresponded with you during the conversion process.

We can't seem to get answers to our inquiries from TRX directly and was hoping that you could assist us as you were gracious enough to do during the conversion period.

Many thanks from all of us.

Mike Dubin CPA

Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Very good news from Ryan @ Red Gear Customer Support.

The following is the response to my inquiry posted yer=sterday regarding all of the technical issues that have not been resolved as yet.

Hi Mike,

I sure can and am very happy to. I will take time this weekend to get onto the blog and try and find everything that has been asked and will get answers.

Could I ask that you let the forum know I will be researching this weekend and will respond as quickly as I can on each of them. Sorry to bug you with that, but it would help me to ensure they know I will jump on and spend that time to hopefully get everyone taken care of.

Thanks, Mike.

Ryan

Hi everyone.

First, this continues to be one of the best forums I have seen, in terms of users really being engaged and helpful to one another on things that come up, so I congratulate you on that. I will be talking to my management group about all of the suggestions I have seen, including addiontal forums, etc.

Thanks to Mike for reaching out to me, as I got very busy with the Tax Season and have not checked in here for some time. I plan to change that and have subscribed to the threads, and will do my best to keep up on new inbound issues as they come in.

I know TRX is your first option when it comes to support, and we should continue to use them (I will also work with both teams in the off season to discuss things so they can be improved), but I will do my best to attend to your needs if they hit the forum. At the end of the day, for me, it is about you enjoying your tax season and not being hindered by issues, no matter who should ultimately help.

Regarding your thoughts, that are non-issue specific, please feel free to provide whatever is on your mind. In fact, if someone would like to open a new Topic under a "Suggestions" title or something, folks can go in and add thoughts as they come to you, and it will keep them all together for our consumption later.

I apologize for leaving you hanging without answers, and will be working very hard to get them all taken care of as quickly as I can. In the meantime, best of luck as you continue through the tax season, and I will be responding to each issue as answers come in.

Take care,

Ryan

Thanks so much Ryan.

I agree completely that we should be going to TRX before we go to Red Gear with our problems. They are the company we purchased from and they should be responsible for our support.

BUT... I (personally) hate to call tech support (not company specific) and wait on hold for someone to help. And they always seem to want to take over your computer. I would rather them tell me what I need to do, so I can learn how to fix it myself the next time. Also, they have uninstalled and deleted software from my computer and I could not stop them (I could not get control of my mouse and they had me on hold so I couldn't ask them to stop.) And there are privacy issues. I much prefer this forum where I can post a question and check back later. Especially when an issue might be something simple. Frequently we users are able to help each other thus avoiding wasted phone time (on hold).

And I do really appreciate your offer to watch our forum and help us out when you can.

Here here. It's very much appreciated, Ryan. This is my first year with the software, and it always takes me some time to get familiar, work out the kinks, etc. TRX is not in a position to answer a lot of the questions about functionality, it seems, so it's nice to have someone from RedGear to contact.

Overall, I really like the program interface, and it feels very comfortable to me; going forward, I would hope there's a way for users to make provide input to program developers/troubleshooters, to improve basic functionality. (Not asking for any major changes! Just little things to make the program more user-friendly.)

- John

Thanks Mike & Ryan. We really need this forum. I will get back with you (to post my comments after the Super Bowl--a guy has to have his priorities straight-tax season or not.

Art

I just sent the following email to Ryan Toone @ TaxWorks as he was instrumental in assisting all of us through the conversion period.

There have been many posts regarding content and functionality with TRX Pro 1040 2010 software, 1040 Works from Red Gear, since I last corresponded with you during the conversion process.

We can't seem to get answers to our inquiries from TRX directly and was hoping that you could assist us as you were gracious enough to do during the conversion period.

Many thanks from all of us.

Mike Dubin CPA

Let's all keep our fingers crossed.