ATX Community

Export Client - Ctrl-X

Crank

In the Client Slection Screen under the File menu there is an option to Export (Alt-X) a client to an Excel .XLS file. However, if you dont have Excel installed it gives you an error message and the file is not exported.

I am currently using OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org) an open source, free alternative to Microsoft Office, which is compatiable with microsoft office formats. It can read/write and convert to/from Microsoft office and other Open Document formats. Is there a way to allow the program to generate the .XLS file without having Microsoft Excel installed?

In the Client Slection Screen under the File menu there is an option to Export (Alt-X) a client to an Excel .XLS file. However, if you dont have Excel installed it gives you an error message and the file is not exported.

I am currently using OpenOffice (www.openoffice.org) an open source, free alternative to Microsoft Office, which is compatiable with microsoft office formats. It can read/write and convert to/from Microsoft office and other Open Document formats. Is there a way to allow the program to generate the .XLS file without having Microsoft Excel installed?

I don't think so, if it is like other programs it looks for MS Excel on your computer first and not finding it you get the error.

This is something to ask Ryan about to get it in the jprgram to stop looking for MS produacts.