ATX Community

PTSHP TO INDIVIDUAL

Marie

I'm still having trouble with the flow from K-1 to Sch E, and no flow of unreib. ptsh exp of depreciation to sch E. I put numbers on k-1 imput sheet, but different numbers show up on the Sch E. I'm missing something, but can't figure it out. Very frustrating. Any one else having a "flow" problem, or am I doing something wrong?

I have had significant issues, too. See my unanswered post somewhere down the line. I finally spent about 90 unsatisfactory minutes on the line (mostly on hold) with tech support who was not able to resolve the issue. I have 2 partners in a personal return with identical K-1 input. The loss flowed perfectly for one, not the other, to Sch E. I even printed out the worksheets to see if I could determine the error which I must surely have made.

Having found 0 differences, I overrode a field (I know, a sin). The worksheets have been redone this year and I think a couple of links have been missed. I did see on the K-1 entry places to enter UPE near the bottom but maybe you have to check the box at the top to calculate basis limitation and/or at-risk limitation to input on the appropriate worksheet. Or...override. Just don't tell anyone I told you.

I just spent an hour with tech support, and the girl admitted she didn't know taxes, so explaining what wasn't flowing right was difficult, but in the end it sounded like her report was accurate. I had problems with prev year deprec. It was subtracting a UPE 179 deduct from my prev deprec and shorting the TP $$. If you didn't know what you were looking for, it would be an easy miss. I did an override so at least I know the numbers are right, and there was an efile exclusion anyway. I told the tech, if they had left it alone from last year, it worked! Just more frustration in the evening when I'm trying to catch up. Thanks for answering.

The K-1 gains or losses are not flowing at all on PTPs except to the 4952 and schedule B. The prior year rolls over, but no new losses are recognized anywhere nor combined with prior loss. I tried tracking in 2009, but could not find were losses were coming from - or going to, other than the amounts for 2009 were correct.