ATX Community

EF hang up

JJStephens

I'm a TRX newbie, still trying to navigate a new (to me) program. I'm beginning to get the knack of it . . . but it's still taking me 25-50% longer than ATX did (I used ATX for 15 years). Sure would be nice if they had yes/no check boxes instead of drop downs--that would make data entry a lot faster.

I had three returns to transmit to the EFC this evening. I completed all three of these returns yesterday but did not receive the signed 8879s until today. The first one went through just fine but the next two displayed an audit error that says I indicated a bank product was to be used but no bank product was selected. I have NEVER used bank products and definitely did not set them up for these (or any other) clients. When I click on the 'go to the problem' link it takes me to a screen that asks me if the client has signed a bank products authorization. Checking no does not clear the error (nor does checking yes).

I did not get the audit error upon completion of the returns yesterday. I did download a program update today--I suppose that could be the culprit.

Is anyone else having this problem? Any idea how to clear it?

Same here. I have been using ATX a long time also, even before it was purchased by CCH and called Saber. But after about 40 or so returns I feel like I am now quite comfortable with the program. I really like the way it handles some items (vs ATX) and not pleased with others (again vs ATX). So its a trade off. It does the job, and for a much lower price than ATX. As of this point I believe I made the correct choice to go with TRX this year, regardless of the obvious cost savings.

And the users here, as well as, the personal hand holding by Ryan @ TaxWorks have made the transition easier. I will be renewing it.