ATX Community

pasting an excel spreadsheet into ATX

joanmcq

I created a Community property split spreadsheet, and tried to paste it into my client's file. The formulas did not carry over using either paste, or paste values. Ideally, I'd like to have a master calculating spreadsheet to add to all my clients requireing this split. It would then become part of their return. I understand I can't efile the spreadsheet; I have to copy the relevant sections to the 'preparer's notes' section of the efile tab. Anyone know how to get the formulas in without typing them laboriously again? Excel is just easier to work in that the stripped down version in ATX.

I have an Excel worksheet that I use for clergy. I was able to import it into the program and can place it in any clients return file and the formulas are intact. In Return Manager go to Forms, then Customize Master Forms, then to Customize, then to Add Excel Sheet as Master Form, then find your form, name it and place it. I placed it under federal. When you go to add it to a clients return, you select Federal and Customize and it will be at the bottom of the forms that you can select. Worked for me.

I have an Excel worksheet that I use for clergy. I was able to import it into the program and can place it in any clients return file and the formulas are intact. In Return Manager go to Forms, then Customize Master Forms, then to Customize, then to Add Excel Sheet as Master Form, then find your form, name it and place it. I placed it under federal. When you go to add it to a clients return, you select Federal and Customize and it will be at the bottom of the forms that you can select. Worked for me.

Thanks, works great.