ATX Community

Attaching Files

Diane

I have a client with 66 pages of stock transactions. Can you attach a PDF file to the 1040? The help file in ATX mentions only attaching to business returns. And, I tried attaching the PDF, created the efile, but the PDF is not listed as one of the forms in the list of efiled forms.

Diane

or do a "schedule available upon request" and just enter the long and short totals. Make sure the gross sales are reported to tie out to the 1099-b.

and don't tell Bees Knees since this is not technically correct either. I have done this for 20 years even before efiling and only once got asked for the back up by a state not even feds. i have had 1099's over 200 pages for some managed funds in trusts, its crazy.

OK, I think I'm just going to paper file this thing. He has Michigan (resident state)and Missouri (non resident)to file also and Michigan wants a copy of Missouri and Missouri wants a copy of the 1040. So, paper filing everything will take care of all the attachments, etc. It's enough to drive someone nuts.

Diane