ATX Community

1099-s

imjulier

Looking to report 1099-s for client that inheritied property when mother died in 2005. No appraisal in 2005 and its in small-town Ohio. We're figuring no g/l since 2005 becasue we don't really know. Nephew lived in house at time of mother's death and continued to live there for free until he purchased the property in 2010 resulting in the 1099-s. It wasn't really investment property because they weren't renting it and its not really a second home....how should I show this. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Julie

Looking to report 1099-s for client that inheritied property when mother died in 2005. No appraisal in 2005 and its in small-town Ohio. We're figuring no g/l since 2005 becasue we don't really know. Nephew lived in house at time of mother's death and continued to live there for free until he purchased the property in 2010 resulting in the 1099-s. It wasn't really investment property because they weren't renting it and its not really a second home....how should I show this. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Julie

Don't they show a FMV on the Property Tax Bill? I would just use that. Sch D Inherited House FMV Sold 2010 FMV

This is a long term wash sale. IMO