ATX Community

Problem with Networked Computer

Tax Prep by Deb

I feel your pain!

Even when I did get to tech support with this issue, it's was obvious after 4 hours the person I was speaking to had no clue about the ATX program so I asked if there was anyone in that department familiar with ATX and I was told NO! He did state that they were suppose to be getting a couple, but that they were in training for TAXWISE! Thus my whole frustrations over this program this year!

No Support!

Deb!

Success!

...although I can't fully explain it. Tech support told me this morning to follow document 9984. (Do a search on the knowledgebase. ) I did this and at first things were actually worse because the workstation could not even log in at all. Then I added back users and groups and individual members of users and groups at every possible level and suddenly everything worked the way it is supposed to. Follow that document which involves turning off the "simple file sharing" and then set up a group like "atxusers" and add that group to permissions. This is all a real pain if you are used to using the simple sharing system. But it is do-able. 9984 tells you to add the users to the group and then give the group permission. I had to give the group and each user permissions before it worked. Supposedly this had to be done last year as well, but I don't recall this and I have had simple file sharing on all year.

Don