ATX Community

TRX & Win 7 Pro

Terry D EA

If Ryan is still monitoring this board, I have some questions. I just ordered a new HP ProBook laptop with Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Are there any known issues with TRX and Win 7. I did this without really investigating this. I see some folks are having issues with ATX and italics. The new machine has 350G HD, 4GB memory upgradable to 16GB. I thought this would be ample computer for quite a few years. I did get 7 years out of my dell but it is now displaying resource deifficulty when opening both 2009 & 2010 TRX. Any input is appreciated.

If Ryan is still monitoring this board, I have some questions. I just ordered a new HP ProBook laptop with Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Are there any known issues with TRX and Win 7. I did this without really investigating this. I see some folks are having issues with ATX and italics. The new machine has 350G HD, 4GB memory upgradable to 16GB. I thought this would be ample computer for quite a few years. I did get 7 years out of my dell but it is now displaying resource deifficulty when opening both 2009 & 2010 TRX. Any input is appreciated.

I am running TRX on a Windows Home 64 bit system with no problems.

My 2 cents.

I havent tried it on Win 7 but I am using a 64 bit version of Win Vista and havent had any system related issues. 4GB of RAM will be just fine. The 350G hard drive should be OK to load 3 or 4 years worth of tax progams (Currrent year plus amendeds) and still have about 1/2 of the drive space available for other items. You might want to clean offf some of the crapware that most manufacturers install on new PCs such as trial software and other usless junk that just takes up space. You didnt say what type of processor the machine has but hopefully it will be sufficient to handle the number crunching without bogging down.

Good Luck with your new toy. :)

I am running TRX 2010 with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit with no problems at all. I even have many previous years of ATX running with no issues either.