ATX Community

NT - Stupid client comment

L.S.

Client calls and asks if return is ready. Told them no - I would try to get to it soon and client responds, "So nothings been done in the last 2 weeks" I so wanted to comment - no nothings been done around here - I've actually been on a cruise and just returned. Geez, got to laugh!!

JohnH, I like that reply! If the client isn't pleased, maybe next year s/he will choose to go to a corner store and wait in line. I try to alert my clients that there are at least 5, 10, 15 (whatever feels right for the given client) folks ahead of them so please be patient as this is the time when most people decide to bring in their documents. It's far less busy in early to mid February if they want to try that next time.

I still insist that filling out an extension when you get the info solves the problem, especially after mid-March. That sets the expectation - we may get your return prepared by Apr 15 and then again we may not. Either way, no need to fret about it.

"So nothings been done in the last 2 weeks"

Hope that client is involved in a legal matter soon. Then two weeks will seem like nothing. And, your bill will seem like nothing.

Clients like that need a reality check. Or, a size 11 boot up their, uh, nose.

• Like 1