ATX Community

Expanding Services

Crank

I realize that everyone is busy winding down to the 18th but I wanted to throw this out while there was still probably a high number of users visiting this forum.

I am considering expanding my business offerings beyond just individual income tax preparation to includes any or all of the following:

- Partnership Returns

- Payroll Services

- Accounting/Bookkeeping Services

Now I have no experience with any of these services, or what would be required including software. I would like to hear from users here who are offering these services (or not) on what would be the best way to get up to speed and get these services off the ground and running.

I would appreciate any and all comments, suggestions, etc. Of course I dont expect to discuss this now, but If anyone is willing to talk please private message me on this board and maybe we can talk further, after tax season, as time permits.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

John :)

If you don't need to put it on a network, Medlin Accounting is a very good software for most instances for both accounting and payroll. It is very inexpensive and easy to use and is suitable for all use except very complex situations. You can check it out on www.medlin.com. I have been using Medlin for a number of years and the only complaint I have is not being able to use it on a network.

If you don't need to put it on a network, Medlin Accounting is a very good software for most instances for both accounting and payroll. It is very inexpensive and easy to use and is suitable for all use except very complex situations. You can check it out on www.medlin.com. I have been using Medlin for a number of years and the only complaint I have is not being able to use it on a network.

For Client Write Up I use Howell's software -www.howellsoftware.com ; it's very affordable, (NOT an Intuit product), and very user friendly. Tell Don Martin that I referred you.

Lynn

Lynn Jacobs, EA, FNTPI, NP

Kenner, LA