ATX Community

After-Season question

MN2V

Now that tax season is over and I am looking back...I am

wondering why I had 2 clients auto withdrawal requests denied

by the IRS. The first was for $8 so I thought maybe there was

a minimum amt, but the other was $299. Any thoughts?

Wrong account info? The auto withdrawal works best from a checking account and you need the MICR coding from the bottom of the check. The first time I tried auto withdrawal was on my own account; I used a savings account and added the credit union code that said it was the savings account. Bad idea. I should not have added the extra 'zero' to the account number.

Just my experience, so I've used checking accounts ever since.

Wrong account info? The auto withdrawal works best from a checking account and you need the MICR coding from the bottom of the check. The first time I tried auto withdrawal was on my own account; I used a savings account and added the credit union code that said it was the savings account. Bad idea. I should not have added the extra 'zero' to the account number.

Just my experience, so I've used checking accounts ever since.

Had the same problem with extension payments, When I look at the 9325, it was marked that the IRS did not accept, did some home work, on the April 18, found out that the IRS did take the extension payments (two were sent for the 15th) 3rd for 18th (one of the extension payemnts was my own) and found out from the e help desk that the one for the 18th was good to go. Turns out the ATX had a bug that was checking the wrong box on the 9325. this was only affecting the extensions.

When I fill out the information, I look at a check and enter all the MICR informaiton (expect for the check number) including any leading zeros

• 4 weeks later...

>>auto withdrawal requests denied by the IRS<<

More likely they were denied by the banks. Common problems include a non-spouse co-signer on the account, credit union account (not the actual bank), wrong numbers (from deposit slip instead of check). Oh, and insufficient funds.