ATX Community

Kleinrock has returned as Parker Tax Publishing

taxmanpa

For some of us old Kleinrock hands, it appears that Kleinrock has returned under a new company called "Parker Tax Publishing." The new company is started by the original owner of Kleinrock before it was sold to CCH a few years ago. A friend of mine said he received a mailer for Parker to check out a new online research program. He claims its different than the IntelliConnect service. Unsure if its a better program or not,but Kleinrock was always good to me in the past. I couldn't handled the IntelliConnect service and switched to RIA a couple years ago. However, if this Parker program is any good and cheaper than what I'm paying RIA, I may check it out. It looks like someone is finally looking out for the little guy again. Has anyone else heard about Parker or received any mailers? I would be interested in any feedback.

I also received the mailer, last week, and mean to check it out.

I always liked Kleinrock (and, before that, Tax Analysts), and, while I got used to Intelliconnect, I do wish it had a 'friendlier' UI and, especially, commentary/editorial about state & local taxes.

Thanks a lot for backgrounding Parker for me; I had no idea who its people were, before your post.

VTY, TaxCPANY

For some of us old Kleinrock hands, it appears that Kleinrock has returned under a new company called "Parker Tax Publishing." The new company is started by the original owner of Kleinrock before it was sold to CCH a few years ago. A friend of mine said he received a mailer for Parker to check out a new online research program. He claims its different than the IntelliConnect service. Unsure if its a better program or not,but Kleinrock was always good to me in the past. I couldn't handled the IntelliConnect service and switched to RIA a couple years ago. However, if this Parker program is any good and cheaper than what I'm paying RIA, I may check it out. It looks like someone is finally looking out for the little guy again. Has anyone else heard about Parker or received any mailers? I would be interested in any feedback.

IntelliConnect has been adding/changing/updating with great frequency. I can now filter by Explanations, for example, as well as by Relevancy and Most Recent. And, they really listen to feedback. A real person actually contacted me, unsolicited, after I took a survey to understand how I wanted to use a certain feature.

Well, frankly, I'm glad that some of the old Kleinrock team has returned with a new research online program. I got the mailer too and I'm checking it over. I was never a fan of IntelliConnect and I dropped my subscription and just used the IRS website for federal research. However, I know I need something more comprehensive but at a reasonable price range. If the Parker program does the trick, so much the better. I use to love the old Kleinrock TaxExpert CD, but when CCH dropped it and replaced it with an old version of their CD, I knew it was time to move on. I still have one of the old Kleinrock CDs around and I sometimes use it for primary source material.

It's always nice to have more competition in tax research field - means lower prices for us. Normally I wouldn't consider buying software from a new company. However, it appears based on this post that some of the original Kleinrock people are involved in this business venture, so that's good enough for me. I haven't checked out the program yet, but if its half as good as the old Kleinrock version (and if the price is right), I might consider buying it. I just hope Parker doesn't get bought out anytime soon. Intelli-connect is OK, but it feels awkward everytime I use it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple friends try out Parker recently and they like it. They feel the online research program is very similar to the old Kleinrock TaxExpert CD. I used Kleinrock a few years ago, but dropped it because of he expense. I've been using the IRS website and some other free tax websites online. However, I know I need some good solid analysis which I'm not getting from some of the free websites, so I'm willing to give Parker a try. I know some of you are using Intelli-Connect from CCH. Any feedback about that program? Also, let me know if any of you have any feedback or comments about Parker Tax Publishing. Thanks.