ATX Community

Any recent RTRP takers?

ILLMAS

Same process as taking the E.A. exam. Test has more questions, and they do provide Pub. 17 and 1040 instructions for your use. IRS rep spoke at our PTP meeting this past Wed and said that NO results or certifications will be handed out for at least 2 months. The IRS does not have processes for handling the test results or verifying certification for passing the test.

Taxguy057 asked this question last month and jetaxes referred to TheTaxBook discussion "Took the RTRP test in Buffalo"

http://www.thetaxbook.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18646

There are a couple of posts in that thread that give a very good description of the test & procedure.

I took NATP's test prep class in early December & found it helpful. I then took NATP's tutorials and practice tests on-line and started to panic. I found their tests to be quite challenging. I also read the above thread. I took the test in late December and found it easier than the NATP practice tests. But I think the practice tests helped me get back in a test-taking frame of mind.

I took the test last week and found it more challenging than I had expected. Two hours is more than an adequate amount of time for the test and it gave me a chance to research some of the questions I had problems with. Anyone taking the test should really research the study materials and be prepared.