ATX Community

Windows 7 Security Warnings All the Time

Chowdahead

I have a networked Windows 7 PC. The server is also Window 7.

On the workstation, whenever opening ATX I am always getting Windows 7 Security File warnings. When using ATX, it's common to get a "Not Respondng" window. Sometimes it's not easy to notice because it doesn't pop up and then the program will stall when working through the return. I didn't notice this right away after I ran netsetup.exe on the workstation last week.

Both PCs are in the same homegroup, and the root ATX 2011 folder is shared between them. I turned down all the security settings on the network station, but the security warnings still appear.

I found a similar issue in a thread back in 2008, but it appears to be for Windows XP. Any network savvy people out there that can give me some advice on this? Thanks.

With Windows 7 you can turn this off by setting the security settings for the program. Right click the ATX shortcut on the work station desktop and then click properties. Select the Security Tab and make sure the System, and all users are set to Full Control. You will need to edit each one and set them. Once this is done Apply the changes and start the program. The security warning popup should go away.

I had to do this for my Laptop.