ATX Community

1099 Efile

STEVEB

I hope taxit is correct that 1099's have not been transmitted to the IRS yet. That would solve a problem I thought I had.

I called CS today about the same situation, and the person I talked to seemed to know nothing about the program. It took her 15 minutes on hold to come back with the advice to "Click on Receive Acks in the E-file Manager." After putting me on hold another 45 minutes, she found no record of these returns in their system. I was then told to delete the transmitted returns and resubmit them.

The problem is you can't delete a return once it has been transmitted to ATX. How do I get these old e-filed returns that have been "Validated by EFC" off my computer without completely uninstalling the ATX program? I have tried restoring old back-ups, and have been into the program files and deleted the returns from the database, but where is the e-file info? Unless I delete it, I am stuck with these old returns on my computer forever.

Maybe this will solve itself when (if) they transmit the returns to Martinsburg.

I hope taxit is correct that 1099's have not been transmitted to the IRS yet. That would solve a problem I thought I had.

I called CS today about the same situation, and the person I talked to seemed to know nothing about the program. It took her 15 minutes on hold to come back with the advice to "Click on Receive Acks in the E-file Manager." After putting me on hold another 45 minutes, she found no record of these returns in their system. I was then told to delete the transmitted returns and resubmit them.

The problem is you can't delete a return once it has been transmitted to ATX. How do I get these old e-filed returns that have been "Validated by EFC" off my computer without completely uninstalling the ATX program? I have tried restoring old back-ups, and have been into the program files and deleted the returns from the database, but where is the e-file info? Unless I delete it, I am stuck with these old returns on my computer forever.

Maybe this will solve itself when (if) they transmit the returns to Martinsburg.

They gave me the same song an and dance several days ago. On my ATX, there is no record of any 1099s. I'll hang loose a few more days before I call. The worst thing is if the returns are recreated and they are sent twice. This could cause someone receiving two 1099s. As of know, they may not even get one (which is the lesser of two evils). Both scenarios are bad.

DonnaA,

If you go to your MyATX account, then to the Efile Center. There is the ATX Efile Bulletins. On 1-18-08 there is a bulletin that tells you they have not sent the 1099's but will do so soon. They did not explain why the 1099's had not been sent.

Thank you. This is very helpful.