ATX Community

PA 8879 / 8453 Issue

Crank

Im having an issue with most Pa. State returns in TRX Pro.

For the Pennsylvania state returns the program is generating form Pa-8453 and not the appropriate form Pa-8879. Only my personal return so fas has generated the Pa-8879.

Tech support has no idea and suggests I print the Pa-8879 from form filler but that still leaves the client letter stating that Pa-8453 is being filed for the state return.

If I did something different on my personal return to get the Pa-8879 I have no idea what I did.

Has anybody run into this issue or knows why it is happening on my returns?

Thanks

• Like 1

I experienced the same problem with a CA return last evening. Support had me opt out of the MEF but blamed it on CA. There has been a few things with this program this year that are really beginning to bug me. Anyone else experiencing anything? I know support this year isn't very helpful and I think they must have hired some new folks. I asked last evening how to change the print order of the forms as I knew I did this last year and forgot how I did it.. A second level tech said you can't. Well.... you can. Under the advanced tab by the printer ICON is where you organize the print sets.

Not to be rude but the support team this year seems to have acquired some new people who dont seem to be fully up to speed on the TRX program. Jeremy helped with this issue and I remember him being quite knowlegeable last year.

I havent found any other issues with this years program but then again the season hasnt hit full stride yet. (crossing fingers)

I personally to date have not encountered any issues.

That being said, I took the liberty to contact Ryan Toone from Red Gear who was good enough to assist us last year. As some of you may recall he fixed and/or explained pretty much every issue?

I will let you know when I hear from him or you will simple see his posts on this board.

Good luck to all.

Mike Dubin CPA

Ryan emailed me today indicating that he would be visiting the board some time later today to attempt to resolve any open issues.

Therefore, I would suggest to all to post any and all outstanding issues that you may be having using your professional jugdement to focus on the salient ones.

Hopefully this will resolve most of our current issues?

Mike Dubin CPA

Just a thought. The print problem I was having has been solved. I started this year using a new computer and didn't realize that Acrobat Reader wasn't installed on the machine. Now, I don't understand why the Federal forms printed fine but not the State, but since I have downloaded Acrobat Reader, all is well.

Good evening everyone.

Happy to hear there has been some progress on the printing, and also the check boxes that appear to generate the forms you are seeking for the respectivef states.

Let me know if there is something outstanding on this issue and I will get it to the right folks here. I am sorry that TRX support hasn't met expectations, and I hope I can make up for that, as i don't want to see issues since it is ultimately our software you are using.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 8 months later...

I tried marking that checkbox, but I'm still just getting the 8453. I looked back at last year, and I used the 8453 at that time. I didn't send anything to PA and my client never mentioned getting any letters.

I'm not sure why the checkbox isn't working for me. Could it have anything to do with the federal already being filed?

If I use the 8453, do I have to send it in? (I guess I can research that part more tomorrow, but I'm being lazy) Also, not sure about attaching 1099s since client moved in Jan 2011 so everything had to be split based on date received (INT & DIV). I didn't prorate the 1099Rs since PA doesn't tax them.

Thanks