ATX Community

Minor Complaint - ATX is stupid sometimes - Efile Reject

BulldogTom

Finished a return for a client with Advance PTC this morning,   Filled in all the boxes on the 8962 showing they had insurance every month.   The return rejected because I did not check the box on page 2 for full year coverage.   Couldn't ATX/IRS see that every month was filled out on the form?   This is a minor annoyance, but just something I don't think we should have to deal with.   Just like the box on the CA 540 that I have to check that asks if there are any schedules other than A or B attached to the federal return.   Duh, the software should know what federal schedules are in the return and check the box one way or another for me.....

I feel better now that I got that off my chest.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 7

There is *always* something.  One thing that drives me nuts about Drake (and that I will be suggesting they change) is that after you file an extension,  you have to go in and delete the extension form - or it keeps defaulting to re-filing an extension, and you get error messages.  Just silly.

So you have my sympathy, Tom!

31 minutes ago, Catherine said:

There is *always* something.  One thing that drives me nuts about Drake (and that I will be suggesting they change) is that after you file an extension,  you have to go in and delete the extension form - or it keeps defaulting to re-filing an extension, and you get error messages.  Just sil

I am a new Drake user after about 20 years with ATX.  I regard it as a warning. I certainly have never had to to delete the extension form ?

I think on entity returns, I do check a different box.

Actually ATX has a similar but far more low key warning.

The error I had today?

No VA withholding on the VA Part-Year return. 

1. It was on the W-2. 

2. It was posted to VA.

3. It did not get picked up on the VA return.

4. Why Not?  We had not added the special VA form for WH.  Why couldn't the system added that darn form...

Rant Off

Rich

• Like 3

Another complaint I encountered this year, is on the Mississippi return.  It accepted it with messages.  The message was that it needed the last four digits of the drivers license number.  This issue was not an error when I checked the return.  It was noted just as a warning, however it didn't stop you from processing any Federal returns.  Alabama however does require the full drivers license number and the software produced an error until I filled those numbers in.  Is that an ATX issue or Mississippi

Also, received another accepted with message if I file a dependent separate return and it does not allow you to check the full coverage as the dependent is covered on the parent's return.  Think though that error has something to do with the IRS and not ATX.  As IRS is only looking for that box to be completed and not that they are a dependent with no exemption claimed.