ATX Community

Single Dad's 10 Memorable Moment of the filing season

Single Dad

Single Dad’s 10 memorable moments of the 2007-filing season.

1. Merry Christmas from the IRS

12/22/2006 @ 10:00am you put the client organizer’s in the mail explaining to clients e-filing availability beginning 01/12/2007; @ 3:30pm you learn “The extender return’s won’t be eligible for e-filing until after 2/1/2007.” Ooops mailed the organizers too soon!

2. Happy New Year from your family!a. 01/04/2007 your brother who chose to care for your children in exchange for free room & board during the tax season has abandoned ship. Hmmmmmm….Think he just wanted a free trip back to Sidney from Kentucky.

You find yourself climbing 3 flight’s of steps cause the Dentist broke the elevator when moving out. “Gosh I gotta stop smoking!”

4. Instead of Good Pizza after work, your favorite Pizza Parlor now serves Burn’t Cheese Pizza! To beat it all while investigating the smoke in downtown, some crazy dude named Chaz (who stand’s on the corner drinking warm corona’s) run’s down the street after me yelling about the fire (I tried to keep walking like I didn’t know him, but he caught me) Janitor Bob I told you meeting Chaz was not a good idea, now my public image is forever tarnished with booze!

5. Barney Fife show’s up at the door on the 1st Saturday of the rush stating they found a Bomb, that will detinate 5 hour’s later and sound like a firecracker. A firecracker sound after sleeping with three kids in van for 5 hours! Where’s Andy when you need him!

6. Your car suddenly has no heat! You’ll figure it out in March after freezing to death in Jan & Feb that you’re an idiot who was not turning the switch the correct way after obtaining a short. DUH Dennis <_<

7. Professional Snowball Fight! For representing my ex instead of me, I now hit you with a snowball and buy lunch for your son, on the condition he lock’s you in the closet at your office. Must admit I had some fun with that situation! :P

8. You wake up to 15 inches of snow, you must check your e-files based on the 24-hour rule. When looking outside you notice hmm….Driveway is blocked and no one is getting out. So only choice is to walk with three children thru 15 inches of snow to your office to check the e-file status.

9. You have a new office this season due to growth. It get’s cold and there’s a draft coming in and hitting you in the back. After freezing for 3 day’s the custodian while taking out the trash points out a little square in the paneling. Custodian’s comment is, did they not teach you how to turn on the heat in tax school!

10. You hire two tax preparers to help from the local college plus a receptionist who happens to be a neighbor looking for a job to save money for an upcoming wedding. Interestingly enough the preparers cannot figure out the tax software very well, nor can they apply the education in a work envioronment. In comes the neighbor without any explanation, and she has 10 complete return’s typed into the software, plus the office ready for paperless. Amount of time spent is equal to have of the two educated people combined. A prime example of who want's to work and who does not want to work!

I hope the receptionist got promoted and the "geeks" got the door! I worked alone at home all Season as well as part-time reception at a Dental Office. I don't think my Dentist is the one who broke your elevator. It was a long, tough Season and I am really glad it is over (to some extent) as our work is never truly over. Otherwise, I was able to relate to some of your Moments, though I never met the Guy on the Corner. Hang in there Single Dad. Sounds like you are doing a fine job! :D

We had a great time! Yes, the receptionist will be back without question. The other two definently got the boot!

All is back to par is our big town of SIDNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaz is back standing on the corner at Woody's Market drinking warm corona's

Crazy Mary is back now, taking her bath in the fountain on courthouse square.

Janitor Bob can now be randomly seen in his clown suit (watch out for the soccer goal's JB!)

Single Dad come's out of the office daily for ball practice and games! (Still run from Chaz though!)

It's just Bookkeeping, Sales & Payroll from this point!

Only challenge, I can't find the switch to turn the air conditioner on at the office! Gosh I better ask these kinda questions at Tax School this year!

Regards,

Single Dad

We had a great time! Yes, the receptionist will be back without question. The other two definitely got the boot!

All is back to par is our big town of SIDNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaz is back standing on the corner at Woody's Market drinking warm corona's

Crazy Mary is back now, taking her bath in the fountain on courthouse square.

Janitor Bob can now be randomly seen in his clown suit (watch out for the soccer goal's JB!)

Single Dad come's out of the office daily for ball practice and games! (Still run from Chaz though!)

It's just Bookkeeping, Sales & Payroll from this point!

Only challenge, I can't find the switch to turn the air conditioner on at the office! Gosh I better ask these kinda questions at Tax School this year!

Regards,

Single Dad

Maybe you should ask the custodian about the air/con? Thanks for the laugh. Your student employees brought back lots of memories. My experience was much like yours, only I was not lucky enough to also get the good neighbor!

KC