ATX Community

Print tax forms on both sides of paper in TRX PRO

GeorgeM

In TRX PRO you can print tax forms on both sides of the paper, if you have a printer that prints duplex.

It only prints forms and detail sheets on both sides.

Saves a lot of paper. You must print to PDF format first and then print to the printer.

Go to 'Settings', 'Printer and delivery settings'

Check off box 'Print in PDF format'

Check off 'Duplex print'

Make sure your printer is set for duplex printing.

I just used it to print a big return for 2009 and it worked perfectly. All of the forms Federal and State printed on both sides. Saved me at least 50 sheets of paper.

I have been looking for this feature for a long time and finally found it.

I just print to .pdf for all my printing. When I send to printer, I print the pages I want in the order I want and set it to duplex. That way, if I have something that should be on a page by itself (i.e. 8879) I can print it separately.

I did find the method you suggest, but I was getting some blank pages where I didn't want them. Granted I didn't explore very closely since I already had a method I was comfortable with.

Do you know that you can set the print delivery settings to print the entire tax return in the order that you want it? With the "CLIENT COPY" watermark as well?? I will post how if anyone wants to know. I set mine and I love it when I reach for the printer, grab the return and don't have to sort pages!!!

Yes, I will tomorrow. Just shut the other computer down and am too tired tonight to fire it back up. Try this first, when you are in the review screen, click on the advanced icon. This is located just to the right of the printer icon. This is where you begin to set up distribution sets to print. I chose client copy and then put the forms in the order that I wanted them to print in the right hand side of the window. When I post the steps I will create a file that will have screen shots.

Id be interested in this too.

However this year I am trying to go paperless and it isnt working so well. For the first time I am offering the client copy and the client documents on CD, in .pdf format for $10 each ...cheap right. After people asking about it for years I thought it would be a no brainer at that price. Well so far only a handfull have taken it and they still want the paper copy too .... ugh.

I had thought about printing on both sides, but for me I don't think it would be worth it. I think it would take longer to print that way and I feel that my time is worth more than a little extra paper plus it seems that it would take quite a bit of time to set it up to print on both sides (at least for me it would). Also, I'm used to looking on just one side of the paper when flipping through a return looking for something. When you get old, it is hard to change the way you do things.

Okay here is the process of getting the client copy of the return to print in the order that you want.

1. Open any client that you want from the Client Profile screen

2. Click on Review to get the screen where you create the e-file

3. Click on the Advance Icon that is next to the incon with magnifying glass. The printer icon is one position left of that.

4. At the bottom of the Advanced Form Delivery window, click on the the "Sets" butoon

5. Click on the set you want to arrange, example: "Client Copy"

6. The forms in the client copy open in the window to the right. You can click on the plus sign by each form to see what is there. Use the arrow keys at the bottom of this window to move the form up or down in the print order. Click apply and that is it. Everytime time you print the client copy, Click on the Advanced tab, choose client set in the window to the left be sure there is a check mark in the print box in the upper left hand corner and click on start job. From this point forward, each time you print the return using the Advance tab, the client set will print in this order. I have the client set as the default setting.

Hope this helps those who want to do this.