ATX Community

Debt Code of "I"

Janitor Bob

Client has Debt code of "N" for Federal but for Ohio, she has a debt code of "I"....What is "I"?

Just guessisng here because I'm in California but could it be institution? From earlier posts it was suggested that a judgement from the courts, attorney fee, ect.... might be taken when State tax returns are filed. Is it possible this is you situation with this client?

Deb!

Client has Debt code of "N" for Federal but for Ohio, she has a debt code of "I"....What is "I"?

You can go to knowledge base and type in debt code indicator in the search box and it will tell you what those letters stand for. If I am quoting correctly, the (N)-no debt was found, (I) debt found in IRS files, (F) debt found in FMS files and (B) debt found in both IRS and FMS files.

I hope this help you!

Jacksorh

JB

First of all, how the heck did you get an ACK from OH? As to your question, go to the OH Dept of Taxation Website and use the "Where's my refund" icon on the right hand side of the home page. I had to call Karen Fisk's office to get an ack and had used the website first. The notification there was that a letter was being sent to the tp due to a hold on the refund from the state Attorney General's Office. I have no idea what that's about, there was nothing held back on the Fed return.

AnnieR

JB

First of all, how the heck did you get an ACK from OH? As to your question, go to the OH Dept of Taxation Website and use the "Where's my refund" icon on the right hand side of the home page. I had to call Karen Fisk's office to get an ack and had used the website first. The notification there was that a letter was being sent to the tp due to a hold on the refund from the state Attorney General's Office. I have no idea what that's about, there was nothing held back on the Fed return.

AnnieR

I did not receive an Ohio ACK yet...the federal is Accepted, the Ohio status is IRS cleared.....I do not understand how the Federal debt indicator can be "N", but the Ohio Debt indicator is "I"....If a debt was found in the IRS files...would they not hold the federal refund.....Maybe this means that in the IRS files they have a debt that is against the Ohio only and not the federal?