ATX Community

back up 2011 ATX with carbonite

grandmabee

Can someone help me with setting up my carbonite so it is backing up the 2011 atx.

I use windows 7

I know if I go to the backup file and click for carbonite and tell it to back up but I'm not sure I was at the atx back up file. Any help would be appreciated. a window came up and said not all files could be backed up.

I assume you mean the data files (client files). They are contained WITHIN the program in a folder called "Database." (Same file folder name every year - a handy thought it you start moving "Database" folders around. Since every year is named the same, if you get the Database folder outside the program for any reason, there is no identifier in the folder name as to the year it belongs with, and if you change the folder name, the program will not recognize it when you put it back into the Program folder.

If the program is included in Carbonite, the Database folder within the program should also be included.

I have no idea why "all files" could not be backed up, unless a file or files, or the program itself, was open. I have never gotten such an error message and have been using Carbonite since 2009.

My suggestion is to contact Carbonite support 877-665-4466 or www.carbonite.com.

One other thought, if you are new to Carbonite, the very first backup will take time. Mine took about 3 days.

what I am trying to do is backup on carbonite my client database for atx 2011. are you saying I can just use the icon on the desk top and click for carbonite to back up? as you can tell I have a blind spot where this back up stuff is. I just want to be safe after losing everything last year. last year I didn't tell carbonite to back up my atx files thanks for any help

If the ATX program is backed up (green dot), then the database folder is backup, because the Database folder is part of, and contained within, the ATX program each year.

If the dot is orange, the folder/file is not yet backed up. Check back later.

OPening the Carbonite Info Center will tell you the current status of the back up.

Just a suggestion:

I've never used Carbonite, but the software that came with my backup disk won't back up ATX files automatically. It won't backup anything in the Programs folder. I have to just copy those over manually. Not sure if that's the issue with Carbonite or not.