ATX Community

Form 1310 ?

Eli

A friend is working on her cousin's return. Her cousin died in an automobile accident last month. She was due a refund on her return. There is no will (she didn't have anything). The parents would like to be able to claim the refund. I think form 1310 would be used in this case. Am I correct?

I would check off box "C" in Part I. In Part II it would be no to the 1st 3 boxes (1, 2A & 2B). For # 3 I'm not sure what they mean by paying out the refund? This is where I'm stuck!! Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Eli

A friend is working on her cousin's return. Her cousin died in an automobile accident last month. She was due a refund on her return. There is no will (she didn't have anything). The parents would like to be able to claim the refund. I think form 1310 would be used in this case. Am I correct?

I would check off box "C" in Part I. In Part II it would be no to the 1st 3 boxes (1, 2A & 2B). For # 3 I'm not sure what they mean by paying out the refund? This is where I'm stuck!! Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Eli

Eli, that means if it is later determined that the party requesting, and receiving, the refund is not legally entitled to it, "they will pay it out to the appropriate party who has been determined to be the rightful owner." In other words, they promise to hold it in sort of an escrow until the proper beneficiary is determined.

Eli, that means if it is later determined that the party requesting, and receiving, the refund is not legally entitled to it, "they will pay it out to the appropriate party who has been determined to be the rightful owner." In other words, they promise to hold it in sort of an escrow until the proper beneficiary is determined.

Thanks to both of you for your replies. That was what I was looking for. I will relay the info to the preparer. Now I'm DONE!!

PS: Marilyn, he's a character!! Wanna take him for a couple of weeks?? lol

Thanks to both of you for your replies. That was what I was looking for. I will relay the info to the preparer. Now I'm DONE!!

PS: Marilyn, he's a character!! Wanna take him for a couple of weeks?? lol

Eli,

Just to add to the others replies. The person who is appointed the personal representative is the person who would sign the return and complete form 1310. The probate court will determine who that person as you stated there was no will. It will probably be one of the parents.

BTW, thanks for the e-mial about this board. It is nice to see most of the atxers from the atx board here.

Terry D.