ATX Community

correct a W-2

Marie

ATX program, I did a clergy w-2, and because the program auto fills in SS wages and medicare wages, I just didn't check close enough, I now have ss and medicare wages when the clergyman is self employed. There should be no ss or medicare wages. I can't figure out how to do a w-2C in the program. It keeps telling me I can't modify the field. Will I be able to efile the corrected one? Can someone walk me thru the process? Thanks

I did that, my mistake was not checking (although I looked at it many times) and deleting the FICA wages. Even though clergy is selected, the program still auto filled in. I just don't know how to make the program work to create a W-2C

I don't understand why you had to change the name. Your original post only mentioned ss and mc wages and taxes. I had a name incorrectly spelled and changed it without problems.

Yes, you can efile W-3 if you have access to SSA-BSO. It's quite easy. Call me if you would like help looking at the screen together. 513.232.4633

Name wasn't wrong, but the lines calculated after I put her name in the right hand side of the corrected part of the screen. I've tried to efile, went to accuwage and says to make sure eliminating ss and medicare wages is correct, but it doesn't give me the opportunity to go to ssa-bso. Do you open the asc. file or the zipped compr file? Brain function lapse, sorry