ATX Community

Sub Office EFIn question

jmabc

We went through all the steps from ATX. Got a second account number and reinstalled software with new activation code. But its still showing our first Client ID and therefore wont let us use the second EFIN. is there anyplace to change our client ID?

We are having exactly the same issue here. I am hesitant to call "technical support", so any help from the former employees would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know where that customer information is stored so I can delete it, and start the install over.

I have the same problem. For almost two weeks ATX has been sending me around from Cust service to data entry to sales. For now I have given up; hopefully we will get help soon.

All I need to know is where in the registry this information is stored... Chances are that all the people who can answer that question are job hunting today....

All I need to know is where in the registry this information is stored... Chances are that all the people who can answer that question are job hunting today....

Jack, today they told me to try and delete cookies, etc. Will try this evening to see if that works.

We are having exactly the same issue here. I am hesitant to call "technical support", so any help from the former employees would be greatly appreciated. Just let me know where that customer information is stored so I can delete it, and start the install over.

If you go to C:/ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/ATX/2007 find the file name ATXLocalConfig.dat file ( I would recommend renaming it atxlocalconfig.old) instead of deleting, then reinstall if you want to start over. That file contains the customer number, install codes, install location etc...

Just make sure when you reinstall you install it to the same place you already installed to...

Not sure if this will solve the problem you are having or not though....

If you go to C:/ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/ATX/2007 find the file name ATXLocalConfig.dat file ( I would recommend renaming it atxlocalconfig.old) instead of deleting, then reinstall if you want to start over. That file contains the customer number, install codes, install location etc...

Just make sure when you reinstall you install it to the same place you already installed to...

Not sure if this will solve the problem you are having or not though....

Thank You Beth. I will try it, and deleting cookies. I want to say again, how much I/we appreciate having you on the board. We might even send you a box of chocolates when tax season is over, just to say thanks...

Well, I PROMISE you chocolates, Beth, and as you know, if you were there when we put on the party for you guys, I DELIVER. :D:rolleyes:

You and Nicole and Kerry and William, for sure. Maybe others, who knows. Just please keep on helping, since we are getting so little communication, and some of it bad, from CCH.

Update...

Neither process worked...

Going to try something else...

Tech no-support is not open now...

I got it!!

I figured out how to delete the old account information, and get things working properly. The process is a bit lengthy... In a nutshell:

1) Uninstall the 2007 program using the uninstall from the start menu on the desktop

2) Move the entire folder - C:/Program files/ATX2007 to another directory in another folder. Where is not important, but knowing where you move it is.

3) Re-install the software using the new installation codes. This will completely start the process over.

4) Do all updates

5) Set all preferences

6) Rollover a test return and associated preparer info, etc...

7) If you had already done returns, use the import function to bring them back. (this is where knowing where you moved the old folder comes into play. Your files will be in the database folder of the ATX2007 folder you moved.

If anyone needs more detailed instruction, please send me a message, and I will be glad to give you whatever help I can.

I'd just add one suggestion to that excellent post, Jack. I recommend that you not install the program in C:/ProgramFiles/ATX___ but instead set up a folder in your C drive named ATX. Then, all your tax programs are installed in C:/ATX/Max___ This makes it faster to find them, because you do not have to go into Program Files folder. I find this to be much neater and a time saver.

I got it!!

I figured out how to delete the old account information, and get things working properly. The process is a bit lengthy... In a nutshell:

1) Uninstall the 2007 program using the uninstall from the start menu on the desktop

2) Move the entire folder - C:/Program files/ATX2007 to another directory in another folder. Where is not important, but knowing where you move it is.

3) Re-install the software using the new installation codes. This will completely start the process over.

4) Do all updates

5) Set all preferences

6) Rollover a test return and associated preparer info, etc...

7) If you had already done returns, use the import function to bring them back. (this is where knowing where you moved the old folder comes into play. Your files will be in the database folder of the ATX2007 folder you moved.

If anyone needs more detailed instruction, please send me a message, and I will be glad to give you whatever help I can.

YOU ARE THE MAN, JACK