ATX Community

TRX Premium

Mike D

I would like to point out that neither the manual nor the demo indicates that the software supports the preparation of 1041 (Trust and Estate) returns. So it is certainly NOT a 100% complete replacement or functional renewal of last year's software.

Don we are currently working on the 1041 and will have it available, I appreciate you pointing that out I forgot to mention it previously.

Doug and TRX: I do appreciate the information you've provided here. This is more info than we've gotten from TRX all year about negotiations with RedGear. It's about time.

That said, the right thing to do in this situation is to immediately offer refunds to all of your clients who request them. When I spoke with Karen on the phone, I told her that I would certainly test out the new TaxExact software to see if it meets my needs; however, I am unwilling to do this as long as you're holding hostage the renewal fees I paid back in May. It's a question of good will, good faith, good business practice, good everything. I paid for a renewal of the software I used last year, and since that software was not renewed, you should provide a refund.

If TaxExact is as good a you say it is, then it will be an easy choice at the price you're asking. But that's a separate issue from the refund of the renewal fee. If you can show that you're willing to do the right thing on the renewal fee, I will certainly give TaxExact a fair test, along with TaxWorks, ProSeries, ATX, Drake, etc.

[And just to add one more thing: if you had provided the RedGear contract details earlier in the year that you just now shared with us a few posts up, we could have offered some feedback as to whether those price increases were acceptable to us as TRX customers. Too late for that now, obviously, but it would have helped avoid a lot of problems!]

Doug and TRX: I do appreciate the information you've provided here. This is more info than we've gotten from TRX all year about negotiations with RedGear. It's about time.

That said, the right thing to do in this situation is to immediately offer refunds to all of your clients who request them. When I spoke with Karen on the phone, I told her that I would certainly test out the new TaxExact software to see if it meets my needs; however, I am unwilling to do this as long as you're holding hostage the renewal fees I paid back in May. It's a question of good will, good faith, good business practice, good everything. I paid for a renewal of the software I used last year, and since that software was not renewed, you should provide a refund.

If TaxExact is as good a you say it is, then it will be an easy choice at the price you're asking. But that's a separate issue from the refund of the renewal fee. If you can show that you're willing to do the right thing on the renewal fee, I will certainly give TaxExact a fair test, along with TaxWorks, ProSeries, ATX, Drake, etc.

[And just to add one more thing: if you had provided the RedGear contract details earlier in the year that you just now shared with us a few posts up, we could have offered some feedback as to whether those price increases were acceptable to us as TRX customers. Too late for that now, obviously, but it would have helped avoid a lot of problems!]

Me nor RedGear can provide you the exact software you had last year because theirs has changed and will not be released until 1-1-2013. I do not know why you would make a statement either about its about time on the RedGear Contract I wish I could read their mind too, but I posted within 2 hours after hearing from them. As far as your just add one more thing if you want the RedGear at those prices I will supply it to you, so no its not too late. However us signing a contract that they presented us does not address the majority of our customers needs but since you are willing to pay those prices I will buy it from them and sell it to you just call Karen and give her your card information for me to bill the difference. As far as refunds I believe I have offered that in my previous post and how we will be doing that.

Thank you again for the info, TRX 1. To be clear, I in no way fault you for RedGear's decision to increase their price. My complaint is based on TRX's refusal to issue/offer a timely refund of renewal fees when requested by your customers, when it became clear (or even just likely) that you would not be able to offer the RedGear software at the stated renewal price.

If you feel that your sales person specifically told you that you would receive RedGear or TaxWorks , let me know and I will have the phone call pulled and if it is so I will have no problem issuing a refund. However I would appreciate the chance to prove to you our software is great by using it for the first week of tax season and if you are still not satisfied I will issue you a refund. According to RedGears website their new revised software will not even be available until 1-1-2013 so you will not even know if you like it or if it even works before tax season starts.

I have sent an email requesting a refund to Karen Bills <[email protected]> and Doug Hughes <[email protected]> . Please pull the phone records and issue me a refund from my April 2012 renewal.

Thanks