ATX Community

EFIN Double charge for software

kfoleycpa

:angry:

[email protected]

I was told in May when ordering the software (same I have used for 7 years), that since I only had a home office and main office I would only be charged for one instance of the network version of the software.

Upon efiling the first return of the season, I was prompted to register my EFIN.

My home office is in Winchester, VA

My main office is 35 miles away, over the border, in Martinsburg, WV

The entity is a multistate corporation. I do have an EFIN for VA and one for WV.

This was never an issue in the past for ATX and I was assured in May 07 that this would continue to be the case.

Not true! A very rude woman from ATX called and notified me that now I was playing with the "big boys" as far as software goes and would be charged an additional $1100 for the second EFIN. I explained that this had been approved prior to purchase in May and it was unfair to change the terms of the contract at this late date. I requested to talk to a supervisor. She refused and hung up on me.

I have been a faithful user of Total Accounting office for some time now. CCH's answer to the accounting and payroll side of the software leaves much to be desired. I was unable to instill on the network from May until Dec 10, 2007, despite numerous calls to tech support. Typical calls to tech support result in a 2hour wait before getting thru to someone. The software for accounting and payroll is still not working properly. Whomever logs in first at the office, the program thinks subsequent users are the first user opening a subsequent instance of the software. Then you get run time errors and booted off. So basically, only one user can be in the network program at a time. We are going on a week now with no answer from tech support to this situation.

It looks like I will be exploring other software options after this tax season. ATX/Total Accounting Office has lost it's appeal at all levels - price, quality and customer service!

:angry:

[email protected]

I was told in May when ordering the software (same I have used for 7 years), that since I only had a home office and main office I would only be charged for one instance of the network version of the software...

...It looks like I will be exploring other software options after this tax season. ATX/Total Accounting Office has lost it's appeal at all levels - price, quality and customer service!

I, and several others have experienced the exact same issue, with exactly the same "misinformation" being distributed by "knowledgable" (?) sales staff.

Check out our posts in this thread.

http://www.atxcommunity.com/index.php?showtopic=980

By the way, any comment from a sales rep that includes a line like "the big boys now" is inappropriate, in my mind, when asking me as a customer for more money.

This issue cost the firm I work for an additional $1,100 just like you, for the satellite office.

I have a suggestion for you to keep the software cost down. It is not pretty, but it works.

Install the software at both locations. Only register one EFIN. On a regular basis, export and email the satelite office returns to the main office. Create the e-file at the main office. Efile from the main office. After it is accepted, export and e-mail to the satelite office.

We do something like this, but not at a satelite office. We have a traveling laptop. When we finish a return, we e-mail it to the office and efile from there. It is not really as ugly as it seems. It also keeps the DCN series in order.

Not sure if this works for you or not. Its the best I got.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I have a suggestion for you to keep the software cost down. It is not pretty, but it works...

...Not sure if this works for you or not. Its the best I got.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I was told quote: "If you install the software in another location (address), you must purchase a second license. The only exception is that each license will allow you to install on a laptop for mobile use."

Your solution is way too much effort for our situation. We will probably have 300 people at the satellite office this year, and want to keep all the records separated.

I would not have been upset, if I had gotten the second answer the first time I inquired.

The second location is my home office. I log in remotely thru my laptop to main office. The software is only installed on one computer and they still have an issue![

quote name='Jack from Ohio' date='Jan 24 2008, 04:39 PM' post='7343']

I was told quote: "If you install the software in another location (address), you must purchase a second license. The only exception is that each license will allow you to install on a laptop for mobile use."

Your solution is way too much effort for our situation. We will probably have 300 people at the satellite office this year, and want to keep all the records separated.

I would not have been upset, if I had gotten the second answer the first time I inquired.