ATX Community

2012 PROGRAM

michaelmars

i haven't purchased yet and looking at the other board [theirs] it seems like i shouldn't but i was wondering since there are very few complaints here, is the program working for most of you?

I am not asking about little bugs that always occur at the start of the year but can you open the program, rollover returns, get somesort of letters out etc.

1. I have rolled over an S-Corporation form from 2011.

2. All the forms from 2011 have not rolled over.

3. The program seems to take longer to open than in past years.

4. One thing that I don't like is that you have to have two different programs in order to have forms you had in the past. For example Form 940 which is in the Payroll Compliance program. And having the second program also takes returns you have purchased so more cost to you.

5. I have also rolled over a 1040 return but there are a lot of forms in that return that are not available. Even form 1040 is not complete even though I can see the form.

Early season issues seem to be exaggerated this year because the programs have undergone significant changes. Support is working hard to get things worked out but it is taking time. The program is gaining speed with each new update. Dan mentioned that he does not care for the fact that the programs were split up but I happen to really like that. The payroll compliance module has been working wonderfully this year. I have not worked in the tax program except to roll over one 1120S and although it was slow, it rolled over everything that was available. It will be another ten days before I start working on returns and I would think that ATX will have most of the bugs worked out by then.

I like the split program too, since I can work on two clients at once. The program is getting quicker; opening the few returns I've rolled over does take awhile, since each time I open, I'm updating forms. I haven't had any of the issues with the program that some people have had, but I'm not networked (only run one computer), which seems to have caused more problems.

joanmcq, I applaud you - working on two clients at once? Wow - my brain just does not expand that far. :) Fortunately though the programs look enough different that that should help in keeping things straight - besides the fact that one hand is working on income tax and the other on payroll compliance or 1099s.

I can't say I'm having any real problems with the program so far. I'm up to 4 returns in. BUT I waited until the 14th to rollover my own return over with 12.3 and am only rolling over clients as they come in. I don't use the letters. I don't make changes to the program. ATX so thru this every year is working for me. I've learn to wait. The problems are always worked out. It's going to be a good program for the price. I'm still going to do my 600 returns and have a great tax season. The clients that have come in I'm telling them I can't file until the 30th and no one is upset.

August @ ADG Financial

• Like 1