ATX Community

Update 4.0.0.09 Highlights

TRX 1

Highlights for Update 4.0.0.09

• Fixed bug on Interview Mode which interfered with EIC being given to a dependent.
  • Corrected issue with some SSNs not being recognized as such.
  • Fixed bug which caused Form 8862 to appear when doing a return through Interview mode.
  • Fixed bug which caused Form 8867 to remain RED on forms tree when using interview mode leaving some answers unchecked.
  • Corrected issue in which dependent relationship would not show up on Interview mode.
  • Corrected issue with Form 1040 Student loan interest deduction worksheet and limitation.
  • Corrected issue which caused the descriptions entered on the statements on Part V of the Schedule C not to appear on the print preview.
  • Update dates on IRA Deduction worksheet.
  • Fixed bug causing EIN to be required on Form 1040EZ.
  • Corrected issue which caused a different name to appear on the Rename file box replacing the original name on the return.
  • Updated Forms to 2012 & Printing for the following forms:

Schedule B

Schedule CEZ

Schedule E

2555 EZ

1040 X

There is no fix to the Proforma issue that I've been told over and over would be fixed with updates. I have yet to get any of my clients to proforma correctly. All that rolls over is a name, address and dependents. There is no W-2 information, Schedule A, B, C, D, SE or any direct deposit information or any state tax information that rolls forward. Is there any fix for this?

There is no fix to the Proforma issue that I've been told over and over would be fixed with updates. I have yet to get any of my clients to proforma correctly. All that rolls over is a name, address and dependents. There is no W-2 information, Schedule A, B, C, D, SE or any direct deposit information or any state tax information that rolls forward. Is there any fix for this?

I am getting that fixed right now, and will be released soon. Hopefully no later than Monday. It is one of our highest priority items.

Doug

Also if you notice on some returns the taxpayers lastname does not populate the 1040 and the 1040 remains grey on the form tree. You actually have to close the return and repopen and then link to the client data sheet to get the name. And as you mention none of the Sch , W2 or carryforwards including last years refund or balance due come over to 2012. At this point unless something changes real quick (I mean within a week) the proforma are useless except for name and address.

I think it would be prudent to actually print a hard copy of last year's return and have it in front of you while doing 2012. Looks stupid! But we don't have a choice.

I am really very disappointed that the proforma that we rely on year after year has really let us down this year!

Crank the Redgear product did produce a nice carryforward statement that you can use if it did not move. i am running one on all my 2011 clients that itemized. As I said before instead of taking any chances print a hardcopy of the 2011 return and have it in front of you. I bet those will be the best 10 cents you paid for paper and toner!

• Like 1

Taxed, Yes, the Redgear caryyforward statement was very good. I always have the client's previous tax year open for review when doing a return.

The first thing I do on a new return is check (or enter) all the information needed form the previous year before entering any of the current year data. Im a bit neurotic about things like this so I do quite a bit of checking.

I have known previous tax preparers who never checked this type of information nor did they ever double check the current return to make sure they input data correctly.

I have several clients that required amended returns because the previous prepaper never checked the carryforwards from the previous year and the client "thought" something wasnt right. Now they pay me.

This year we have to be doubly vigilant with a new software. I am adding 30 minutes to any appointment that is not a standard deduction. Just to go over the stuff until I am comfortable. I know I will be working late!!