ATX Community

New Software Suggestions

Belvins

By reading others post on here and doug's responses I can tell you if I talked to my clients like hes talking to

some of his clients on here I would lose all 115 clients. This is unprofessional and I need a working software because im

starting to lose bussiness and people would rather go to H@R Block because they're doing the taxes now and they're advancing them refunds which is all bs anyway but people still fall for that. Anyone has anything to suggest as to purchasing another software? Details please.

Here's an out of the box option. Go to taxsoftware.com and take a look at what they have to offer, Very reasonable. They are a hybrid approach,

cloud based software, programmed in Java so that it can used by any operating system and any browser. The client files all stay on your hard drive.They do all the personal returns federal & 22 states plus all the business entity returns (federal only). You can do a return for free up to the point, that you

want to print or efile, then you have to pay. You can prepay for a bundle of returns or you can pay one return at time. I've looked at the site 3 or 4 times

and everything is clearly explained, unfortunately they don't do my state returns.

Friends, don't get burned twice! Do your research carefully. I have found that there are basically two tiers of software. The real professional quality and the other cheapo stuff that promise a lot but you will soon find that they don't live up to the billing!

On another post I posted a survey by NATP of their review of professional quality tax software. Take a look at it.

But whatever you do, please demo the software before you put your credit card down!

As far as cloud computing goes, keep in mind that your client data resides on their server really. You may have some basic stuff on your HD but the guts are on their server. At a later date if you want to switch vendors, how will you do the conversion?? I suspect you may have to pay a ransom to get your own data released!! OR reinput all that prior year data.

I got probably half a dozen e-mails and letters from these vendors and no one could answer that simple question, how do you convert???

CAUTION! CAUTION CAUTION!

Friends, don't get burned twice! Do your research carefully. I have found that there are basically two tiers of software. The real professional quality and the other cheapo stuff that promise a lot but you will soon find that they don't live up to the billing!

How did you determine the cheaper software will not live up to what they advertise?

In the NATP review, which software advertised a service that they didn't actually perform?

How did you determine the cheaper software will not live up to what they advertise?

In the NATP review, which software advertised a service that they didn't actually perform?

Cheaper software ==> TRX Pro 2012 =>> Does not perform like a professional quality software!

NATP survey does not have TRX if it did, I am sure many of us would have been forewarned!

Even expensive software like ATX, Taxworks are exactly in the same status of cheap TaxExact. Exception being Drake.

There are other expensive programs that are working. Proseries as an example.

I think it's unfair to lump all of the <$1000 software into one lump group. They are of lesser price for a variety of reasons including but not limited to features and additions (write up software, scan and fill) that may not be important to the buyers. Not necessarily of lesser quality.

Tax Exact is basically in a BETA format for this season and will be the entire season I'm sure. You can't truthfully evaluate it until next year.

There are other expensive programs that are working. Proseries as an example.

I think it's unfair to lump all of the <$1000 software into one lump group. They are of lesser price for a variety of reasons including but not limited to features and additions (write up software, scan and fill) that may not be important to the buyers. Not necessarily of lesser quality.

Tax Exact is basically in a BETA format for this season and will be the entire season I'm sure. You can't truthfully evaluate it until next year.

Well Roberts and others how do you feel like paying full price for the honor of being a Beta tester for Doug? I sure don't appreciate it!

i appreciate and have gained benefit from taxed contribution/critique here or anywhere.

if it rubs trx or others the wrong way...get over it.

spoiler alert for those with a truncated memory.

this is not a trx board or any tax program board.

SCL thanks. I have moved on. Today is Sat the big day for me with a full day schedule. I have said before and I will say again. I liked the TRX Pro (Redgear) product for 2010 and 2011. I don't think I complained once in those years except for some Efile rejects and may be a few bugs on the state form that were corrected promptly. I expect a business partner to be fair and objective, and take responsibility. Just like I treat my customers. If they are not happy with my services because my staff or I messed up, I give them a refund and also make a recommendation to go to another tax preparer that they may like. I expected the same from Doug and TRX to give me and others not satisfied with his product a refund and we part ways amicably. I am sure TRX will get new customers in future years.

I wish those still hoping for TRX 2012 to work like a professional tax software all the best, and hope you guys don't go through what I experienced since the day I got that CD.

Good luck!