ATX Community

Update 4.0.014 Release

Crank

Sch A, Line 5, Income Tax or Sales Tax remains an issue.

This error is a show stopper if it remains. Doug said recently prior to this release that is was their highest priority.

Have you figured out if yet if this will be fixed soon? I tried to override the amount and that doesn't seem to work. So basically, I am unable to prepare any returns with Schedule A since it is automatically calculating the sales tax. This is the same issue you are having I am guessing?

Crank,

I agree that overriding is not the best answer and yes the Schedule does not calculate correctly yet. I meant to do this to get the information to the 1040 as a means to review with your client if necessary. I too do not want to push a return out like this. I am hoping this will be taken care of tomorrow and then we can correct everything so all is well with the Schedule A. Here's the thing, I have people coming in and I do prepare most of my returns in front of them but not all. I have made sure that I explain the problems to them in a professional manner and each one has been very understanding so far. I will be mailing their copies once everything is working right and the State is available. I have them sign the 8879 with the watermark on it with the amounts so they are not signing a blank form.

I too have an S-Corp pushing me and I agree with Roberts that this is definitely business but I have also told them that the IRS is not accepting any business returns at this time. This makes me feel uncomfortable as the IRS has not said when they will be accepting business returns but hasn't pushed back the due date for calendar year tax payers either. Three of my S-Corps are due March 15.

For those of you who did not make backup arrangements should TRX not deliver a professional quality tax prep software, you are taking a very big gamble. 1/30 is tomorrow in case you have not taken notice! I hope your clients are as understanding as you have been with TRX because the moment they discover that there was an error in the calculation and that caused a CP2000, they will want you to fix it, pay any interest and penalties and demand their fees back and also you may lose a client. The problem with this fiasco is that you may not know for the next 3 years if something that you did this year will become a headache for you.

For those of you who did not make backup arrangements should TRX not deliver a professional quality tax prep software, you are taking a very big gamble. 1/30 is tomorrow in case you have not taken notice! I hope your clients are as understanding as you have been with TRX because the moment they discover that there was an error in the calculation and that caused a CP2000, they will want you to fix it, pay any interest and penalties and demand their fees back and also you may lose a client. The problem with this fiasco is that you may not know for the next 3 years if something that you did this year will become a headache for you.
Taxed, from whom did you buy the Taxwise and how much did it cost?.

Taxed, I thought you had gone with another company and was perfectly happy. I want to tell everyone that I can what type of risk they are taking having YOU prepare their tax returns and how incompetent and unprofessional you are on a contiunual daily basis. I am sure your would appreciate it as much as Doug does. It should be YOU who discovers the calculation error as I assume by your posts you are professional enough to do so to avoid your clients receiving the CP2000 in the first place. Also, I would think by your posts, that you are too busy to have enough time to respond to every post with a negative comment. I mean really come on give it a break already. If you want to try to burn me at the stake for my comments go ahead and give it your best shot atleast you will be leaving Doug or somebody else alone.

Terry I am happy with my new software. It is working as advertised and I have already e-file about a dozen returns as of noon. Yes I do have some time between appointments to check e-mails and blogs!

If you are happy paying for so called "professional quality software" and do manual calcs. to check if the calculations are indeed correct, more power to you. I do NOT want to do that after i have done a few test returns.

No I do not want to burn you or anyone else for that matter. What I will do is respond if someone makes a comment that distorts the facts!