ATX Community

I've given up on the client letter

Janitor Bob

I have given up on the client letter. Local letter info does not flow properly to Federal letter. OH SD-100 refund information does not flow properly to Federal letter. I have resorted to copying and pasting into Word then making corrections. I am just going to be happy that I have a functioning program with most of the forms I need....NOT what I deserve for the money I paid.

JB, that's what I did many years ago when ATX's letter wasn't nearly as user friendly and I didn't like the look of theirs at all. I made a standard one-page letter in word. On the second page of the letter (that I never printed) I had a variety of paragraphs all set to go. All I had to do was copy and paste the section that I wanted and fill in an amount. The sections were all preformatted and matched the letter perfectly. I had 2 for federal, for balance due or refund, and the sections already included the proper mailing address. It would be even easier now with e-filing. I had similar sections for the state with bal due and refund too. I had a second similar letter for estimates all ready to go too. It was a lot quicker than fussing with the letters in the program at that time.

Up until 2 years ago, this is how I continued to do the covers too. The look so much nicer than what the program prints. I still have all the letters if I ever need them.

• Like 1