ATX Community

W-2 Data

the boss

Terry D - I was just about to post the same thing.

I installed 16 and recalculated. Wanted to see if locality sales tax was now working. I lost my 2nd W2 and it's not filling in when I enter EIN. Maybe I should follow the software's suggestion and go back to 15?

Crank, after I closed the program and tried to reopen the program it prompted me that there was an update available. Says I have version .16 installed but wants version .15. Check your W-2 forms closely, the main W-2 is fine but the additional W-2's are now blank, very sluggish and none of the cells calculate. At this point, I am not opening any other returns to see if they are affected as well. I guess the only thing to do is wait.

When I opened the program about 1/2 hour ago (?) it asked if I wanted the new update. I clicked "Yes" and got version 16. Installed it. Opened return again and said new update available. I thought maybe I downloaded and forgot to install (I got distracted reading this board). Anyway, when I clicked "Yes" it was to ver. 15.

Thanks Terry. I'll check on it later tonight. At this point I only have one "real" return. But I have an appointment for tomorrow night and someone faxing me info tomorrow afternoon.

I spoke too soon, I have only 1 return with multiple w2s and when I checked it earlier I swear both were there. Now the 2nd w2 is blank and I notice the program take a long time (.5 min, long in computer time) to switch between W2s.

Earlier I attributed this to sluggishness from 14+ hours of opening and closing many programs/ multiple downloads/other programs running/ MANY webpages/browsers/webinars/video/audio files open as its not uncommon for me to overload things.

I have a very fast machine and I use it very hard so rebooting/cache cleaning is done a few times a day and I had not done that all day. However after a reboot/cache cleaning It is clearly the software causing the delay.

I have not however received the version rollback as both of you have.

We changed the update back to .15 doing some checks but if it is not already back to .16 it will be in a minute.

I added a auto recalculate when the return is opened instead of always having to pus the little green button. On old returns you may have to still hit the little green button.

I am on the W2 issue but it will be after Midnight when we update it in a release.

Doug