ATX Community

Proof

Roberts

Does anyone have any brochures or advertisements that TRX was distributing this past spring for renewals? Maybe you could .pdf them and email them to me? Postcards? anything?

Does anyone know of any written proof that ATX and Taxworks were actually giving refunds? I know it's been claimed by their customers on message boards, don't know if there is actual proof.

I would have to go through my e-mail archives for 2012 to see when I received the e-mail reminder to renew. I think they had something on PayPal as well have to check.

The TaxAlmanac board has people posting that they got refunds from Taxworks and CCH. It will be hard to get a name and address unless those folks consent to disclose that.

yeah, I've seen a lot of stuff online. Nothing actually verifiable. I have no doubt they are getting refunds, just can't verify it.

Just like the person named Doug that posts on this board. We have no clue who he ACTUALLY is and we certainly can't verify he was the President of TRX.

Has anyone actually spoken to someone at TRX and talked with them personally about acquiring a refund? I've yet to be able to talk to anyone and request a refund. As soon as I mentioned refund, they put me on hold and they never came back. I've sent many emails, they never respond.

I was told I needed to document all my emails, that doesn't seem to be much in the way of proof when they ignore them.

What name is it on those emails? I've searched and I don't have any emails from TRX.

Doesn't matter if it promises TaxWorks or not. I'm trying to document what they promised and any communication they provided. Since my only email from them is the one this week about IRS problems - communication that is documented (so far) is minimal. I remember getting several calls to renew, no emails.

I have two renewal emails, Here is the first:

Sherry Ford <[email protected]>
cleardot.gif3/19/12
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

I hope you’re having a wonderful tax season and now that it is drawing to close, I just wanted to let you know that TRX really appreciates your business and would love to have you back for the 2012 tax season. Our $399.99 plus processing and handling is on sale for $299.99 that is a $100.00 savings! Our $399.99 Package includes FREE unlimited e filing on all 1040’s and all states.

Also, our $699.99 package is on special for $549.99 that is a $150.00 savings. Package includes FREE unlimited e filing on all 1040’s and all states as well as All Corporate and Entity’s.

I may be able to save you more money on the premium package then What is listed. The offer I have is a limited time, So please give me a call.

We look forward to talking with you soon! You can reach me at 855-880-1040 Ext 3420.

Thanks, Sherry

Sherry Ford

906 Dashiel Street

Murfreesboro, Tn. 37129

855-880-1040 ext 3420

Here is the second renewal email Which is Titled "Renewal Email":

4/15/12

I hope you’re having a wonderful tax season and now that it is drawing to close, I just wanted to let you know that TRX really appreciates your business and would love to have you back for the 2012 tax season. We look forward to talking with you soon! You can reach me at 855-880-1040 Ext 3442.

Thanks, Beatrice

Beatrice

906 Dashiel Street

Murfreesboro, Tn. 37129

855-880-1040 ext 3442

www.trxsoftware.com

Thanks - I printed off what you had on the other page and that should be helpful.

I received none of those.

Their Facebook page and the 10 pages (printed them off) of complaints will be good proof it's not just me having a problem.

Facebooks lists real names (or mostly real) and not screen names like on here.

Here's the email I received in March of last year, shortly before I renewed via telephone:

Hi Linda ,

I hope you’re having a wonderful tax season and now that it is drawing to close, I just wanted to let you know that TRX really appreciates your business and would love to have you back for the 2012 tax season.

Give us a call at 1-855-880-1040 and press 2 for sales or renew on the web by clicking on the link below.

www.trxsoftware.com

I look forward to talking with you.

Thanks, Kathy

Kathy Hughes

906 Dashiel Street

Murfreesboro, Tn. 37129

855-880-1040 ext 3701

www.trxsoftware.com

[email protected]

I remember seeing that letter from Kathy Hughes! If an attorney is hired at some point in time to follow legal action, i am sure they can subpeona records from PayPal during the discovery process to see how many users and what amounts were earned by TRX on false pretext.

Well I contacted someone and they informed me I needed to show what TRX was saying would be delivered. Your Newletters and a copy of their website IMO should prove that. Heck, they are still promising things they aren't delivering.

He said I needed to show I tried to contact TRX for a refund. That's really difficult to prove IMO. It's nice though that on Facebook, people comment that they were on hold for HOURS at a stretch at all hours of the day and nobody ever returned their emails. It has their name, photo and time stamp so anyone can verify the comments.

I need to prove the software doesn't work. I can provide them a copy of my software because as of Wednesday night at midnight - I stopped updating. I can show there is no state software available. I stopped testing the software a long time ago but I documented known problems.

I'm doing a few other things but right now I'm hoping that's enough. We'll see. No state software at this date - unspeakable IMO. In my state, because we have an income tax, it's not functioning software if you can't complete an ENTIRE tax return. Regardless of all the other problems.

edit: I have a copy of my bank statement showing when I paid and a copy of their refund policy showing it's completely worthless. Oh and did you know: per their cancellation policy if you are a RENEWAL customer they prohibit any and all refunds. When Terry said she was mailing things back I got a little excited until I read closer.

I never got an email, I renewed when I received the phone call. However, the website promises efiling and ALL STATES. Right now, only ten states are available and I don't know if they are working, so it would appear that the software isn't doing what it promised to do.

By 1/30, it should have been able to efile all types of returns that the IRS was accepting and from what I've read it hasn't.

I saved the webpage that lists the States and a PDF and the webpage where the features of the software are listed and attached them to my dispute with the credit card company. IMO, the applications meets the criteria for SNAD, significantly not as described.

Many of the states were accepting returns way before the Jan 30th date. In fact, I knew a woman who already had her Calif refund on Jan 13th! Whatever the case, there is absolutely no excuse for not having all the states ready to efile by the end of Jan. Apparently this bait and switch thing happened way before the end of last year. They had plenty of time to come up with a working software by mid-Jan. That's why I bailed early last week. I didn't figure a few days would make much difference in preparing the software since they'd already had several months to get it ready.

Does anyone have any brochures or advertisements that TRX was distributing this past spring for renewals? Maybe you could .pdf them and email them to me? Postcards? anything?

Does anyone know of any written proof that ATX and Taxworks were actually giving refunds? I know it's been claimed by their customers on message boards, don't know if there is actual proof.

Not sure why you are worried whether TaxWorks users were getting refunds. But I received my refund from TaxWorks about a week ago.

Just looped by this site looking for news on TaxWorks' problems. Looks like they still haven't fixed their problems so I'm glad I moved on to other software.