ATX Community

Unlocking a return

HV Ken

Has anyone found where the keys to the kingdom is for unlocking a return?

I have found that when trying to open a return and the program crashes, the return becomes locked.

Try to open the return on the server after a crash, for example, and are told no because the return is locked.

Try Options -> Administration -> Remove Lock

and it says the return is not locked.

There must be a record somewhere within the data structure that identifies the return as locked. But I couldn't find it.

Thanks!

Ken, the only time I have had a similar situation was early on. I had opened a return on the server, closed the return, closed the program, went to my workstation, opened the program, attempted to open the return and got the "returned locked" message. Since I knew the issue was either with the workstation or with the server, I re-booted them both - problem solved.

Find the workstation that had that return open when the program crashed. When that happens it puts a "half" lock on the return.

Go to that workstation, open the return, close the return and the "half" lock will be removed.

I am praying to God that the next program update fixes the program crashing problem!!!

Thanks - the return became locked during the open a rollover return on the workstation and the program crashed. So the problem is I cannot open the return on the workstation due to crashes, and I cannot open it on the server due to the workstation locking it trying to open the rollover return. Ugh!

Will reboot workstation and server and see if I can proceed that way....