ATX Community

TaxExact Ver 4.0.0.25 is out

Crank

Havent downloaded it and I dont plan to. Apparently someone is doing something there. Good luck with the business returns!

Highlights for update 4.0.0.25

• Corrected rejection caused by Form 8917.
  • Corrected conflict caused by entering preparer information on Form 8879 when it had already been entered on the Return Information Sheet.
  • Corrected Schedule R rejection caused by no value on line 13c.
  • EITC enhancements.
  • Schedule SE form updates.
  • Schedule C enhancements.
  • Corrected issue preventing last name from printing on Form 8812.
  • Corrected issue preventing date from printing on Form 1040, page 2.
  • Expanded scope of Auto Error Check messages.
  • Corrected 1040 line 29 worksheet printing issues.
  • Corrected issue preventing Invoice from printing.
  • Corrected rejection caused by missing SSN from Schedule CEZ.
  • Corrected rejection casued by invalid child element in regards to EIC.
  • Corrected rejection caused by dependent coutn mismatch.
  • Maryland Forms update.
  • Ohio forms update.
  • Corrected NCB bank rejections. To resolve, retransmit return.

Here's something quite funny. On the list of States available in the post above, NC is listed as not ready. Doug told me that NC had not approved their forms and it was a NC issue as they were always late. There is a portion of this that is true. But, I have now received three acceptances from NC using TaxSlayer Pro. Hmmmm :wacko:

That's sad. Back in REALLY late December, Doug said the state returns would be coming within 2 weeks.

As I've said previously, when I purchased TaxExact back in 2007, they never did deliver the state software for my state (or most states). It will be interesting to see if they EVER deliver state returns.

The more I think about it, the less comfortable I feel that even if I receive a victory in small claims court that I'll be able to get $600 out of them. If you were an employee of theirs, you'd have to be sweatin that the paychecks will eventually start bounding. Since nobody is answering the phones, maybe that's already happened.

This is one of the situations where if I lived somewhat close to Murfreesboro, I'd drive over and see what's happening. I'm about 5 hours away - not worth it.

Here's something quite funny. On the list of States available in the post above, NC is listed as not ready. Doug told me that NC had not approved their forms and it was a NC issue as they were always late. There is a portion of this that is true. But, I have now received three acceptances from NC using TaxSlayer Pro. Hmmmm :wacko:

What else is new! These people lie and i don't know how they sleep at night or go to Church on Sundays and face the Lord!

They told me my state was not approved BUT my state was one of the very first accepting E-Files I think on 1/3.

J Ron, if you haven't confirmed with Drake yet, give TaxSlayer Pro a try. I know Drake is good software and are usually right on top of things but they are a little pricier. TaxSlayer Pro is giving some discounts for folks who have suffered through TRX. Prices can run anywhere from 895.00 to 995.00 and there is some other discounts available if you do alot of bank producst I think.

Thanks for the suggestion, Terry. I went ahead and confirmed with Drake for a couple of reasons. I am tired of re-sellers and I don't want to be with a company that is going to sell out and create all those issues. I also have a friend whose wife works for Drake who has encouraged me to consider them for a few years. Now, if Drake doesn't disappoint me and sell out I should be with them for awhile.

I notice you are from NC. What area of the state are you in? I am in the southeast portion.