ATX Community

Question for Server or Netsetup users

ILLMAS

I am trying to figure out if things are different for 2012. If you create or rollover a client a one computer, make changes and save it and close the client, then you go to another computer. Should that client appear on all the computers or only the computer where you opened it first? Don't know if this is how 2012 works, but it prior years every computer had the same return manager. At first I wasn't having any issues with ATX, boy I'm getting frustrated

MAS... I had that same issue when I first set up the net setup. I got through to tech support and a fellow knew exactly what to do to correct it. He said the program is saving the files to two separate folders or something like that and he fixed it. I wish I could tell you what he did and how, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know. After he made the corrections, all files are visible on all workstations.

Make sure you have updated to 12.6 or 12.7 properly, on the computer that will be the host to all the other workstations. Make sure you have "shared" the ATX2012 folder on this computer and ATX is NOT in "program files" folder. It wants to load there automactically. Also, do a rollover of at least one client and OPEN it. That updates everything!

Then run netsetup on the workstations. But first, run the unistall portion of Netsetup. That way the workstation is "clean". Then re-run netsetup on each workstation. You should end up with using the same return manager on all computers.

You may have to change the rollover manager location of the 2011 files on each workstation however.

Rich